Part 6

This is the fastest I have ever
written. I hope you will like the chapter. Please comment. It would help me so much. Tell me what you like and what not. :)

I did not remember how I had managed to not choke to my death as I opened my mouth to scream and water started to fill my throat. I kicked with my foot and like a bouncy ball I found myself out of the depth of the water, but only momentarily. I went down again. Almost instantly. After I hit the water I found my body wrapped up into something solid and extremely robust. I was not quite certain why but I decided to cling to this force, which was now pulling me out of the water.

As soon as I felt a cool air brush across my face I became wildly aware of four deadly things: ONE: I felt like I was going to gag the way my lungs shut down on me and refused to let any oxygen in, TWO: even after I had managed to take in the first breath I was still choking and coughing uncontrollably, THREE: I was quite freezing now that I was half floating out of the water and half - FOUR: hugging Alexander as if my life depended on it.

I had my arms circled around his broad shoulders and my head nestled against his neck. This position was outrageous to begin with, but under the circumstances and the fact that I was barely able to see, feel, hear, breathe or even think, I thought I could have been forgiven.

'Tell me,' a deep, extremely alluring and slightly breathless voice said, 'were you very hot, or very dirty?'

'W...w...wh...what?' I stuttered in between coughs, not because I was scared. I was simply freezing now. My arms were still around his shoulders and my head was still nestled in the soft crook of his neck. And to my great astonishment his position was identical to mine.

'Otherwise,' he sighed and I shivered the way his hot breath burned my neck, 'why would you feel the urge to go swimming at such an hour?'

I could have lied I supposed. I could have said that I slipped and fell, but I knew Alexander was no fool and I did not feel like risking my life by insulting his intelligence right now.

'Are you alright?' He asked when I did not answer back. 'Did you hurt anything?'

Was he concerned over me? Now? How touching and also a bit too late.

'Why would you say that?' He asked and he shifted slightly and moved his head back so now we could look into each other's eyes. Panicking, I blocked him out of my head. He looked disappointed.

'Don't do that!' He told me instantly and then he stopped, his handsome face frozen as his sharp gaze centred, blinked, and then refocused on my lips. 'Don't block me from your mind.' He muttered. For the first time I thought his saying was very close to asking. It was a small but a fine change from ordering me around all the time.

'Wh...what are you d...doing h...here?' I ignored his inquiry and got on with more important matters. 'Too h...hot or too d...d...dirty?'

His lips twitched, but only slightly. I was certain my words had amused his human, but his wolf did not seem to share the sentiment. And I knew exactly why.

'Why?' He answered my question with a question as he licked his lips. Feeling the increasing heat of his body I began to loosen my grip around him. In response he tightened his.

'Why what?'

'WHY were you running away from me?' Well, I thought sardonically, I was not doing a great job at it. 'Do you dislike me that much?' He asked. His face was solemn and careless and his voice was as cool as ever, but then there were his eyes, windows to his soul - sad and grim and perhaps anxious.

I could have said YES. It would not be the truth, but it would not be a total lie either. But I was never the heartless type and I always believed in second chances.