Chapter 7

We were just hanging out on the couch when suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door to the bunker.

"Stay here." I told Miranda as she tried to get up. I went up and checked the door cautiously. I looked through the peephole. It was Sam. I gave Miranda a finger telling her to give me a minute. I stepped out and talked to him, not letting her see him as I shut the door.

"Sam? What are you doing here?" He had flowers in his hand, a suitcase by his side, and he looked worried.

"I had more dreams, Dean. I'm still remembering mostly bad stuff, but I had one good one. I remembered the day Ethan was born. I felt so happy, Dean. I don't think I've ever felt more joy. It made me change my mind. I'm in love with Miranda and always have been. I'm back to stay." He was being 100% sincere.

"And what about Maria?" I asked. If he was still with her, things would be more complicated.

"There's no more of us. I dumped her. I quit my job and I flew back here. I just want to talk to Miranda." He replied. He had some slight hesitation when saying he broke up with Maria, but that was expected since they dated for so long.

"Ok. Come on in." I said before opening the door. "Miranda, someone is here to see you." I told her happily.

She saw it was Sam and a tear filled smile filled her face. Sam went down the stairs and joined her in the main room. She hugged him, a few tears falling onto his jacket.

~Miranda's POV~

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came back for you. I'm sure Dean told you that I've been remembering things in my dreams. I was only remembering bad stuff, so I didn't want to come back because I don't want to hurt you any more than I already have. Then I had a dream with something good. I remembered the day Ethan was born. I felt so happy. I changed my mind. The way I felt in those dreams, even the bad ones, the feelings that sent shockwaves through me in every memory of you, I can't even tell you how amazing it felt. It felt like my very soul depended on you being with me. I thought I was in love with Maria, but I've never felt more in love than in those dreams. I want to feel that again every day for the rest of my life. Please, work with me on getting my memory back. I don't remember everything, but I remember that I love you." I didn't know what to say, and couldn't help but cry. I sat back down on the couch with my head in my hands. "Did I say something wrong?" He asked gently.

"You didn't say anything wrong. I've just missed you and to hear you say you still love me after all this time just makes me so happy." He wrapped me in a hug. "So how are we gonna get all of your memory back?" I asked. I didn't even know where to begin.

"We'll just have to see if I remember more in my dreams. If not, or if it takes to long, we can always try Cas. He's our friend. He's an angel. He can probably get me to remember if need be."

"Sounds good." I told him. "So, if you're back, then what about Maria?" I asked. I was scared he'd say he was still with her.

"I broke up with her. She knew it was bound to happen once I started remembering things. She understood. I quit my job, got on a plane, and came here."

"So it's just us again?"

"Yep." I was so happy. I finally had Sam back. The three of us sat on the couch just hanging out. Even just being in his presence again felt great, and like this was where I was meant to be. I leaned into his shoulder as we watched, and would occasionally look at him. He smiled back with love shown deep in his eyes. Once it got late, eventually we headed to bed.

"Goodnight you two." Dean said.

"Goodnight, Dean." We replied. We climbed in bed. I was almost nervous to go to sleep because I thought it would all be a dream that he was back. And that it would end up being a lie that he loved me. As scared as I was, he looked more nervous.

"Why do you look nervous, Sam?" I asked softly. I was trying to be consoling.

"I'm scared I'm just gonna hurt you and that these memories aren't gonna come back, and it's gonna make you stop loving me. I know I didn't remember your love until recently, but now that I have been feeling it, I don't want it to go away."

"I will never stop loving you, Sam. Even all this time you've been gone and with someone else, I still loved you. I'm scared too. I'm scared it was all a lie that you loved me, and that the second I fall asleep, this will all end up being a dream that you came back."

"I've loved you before and I will love you forever, ok? I'm scared that it won't be the same way for me though. I hurt you by not remembering you and I hurt you before then too. I don't want you to stop loving me. I just don't want to ruin this. I don't know how to believe you telling me you will always love me. I abandoned you." He said. I sympathized because that's how I felt some of the time.

"Let me quote a song that's describing how I feel right now. It'll prove to you I'm always gonna love you." It was cheesy to quote a song, but I did because it helped. " 'I have died every day, waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. And all along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more.' This whole time that you've been gone, it's felt like I've been slowly dying. I've missed you so much. I've been waiting for you to come back for so long. Don't be afraid, Sammy. I've loved you since the beginning and I will continue to love you. This whole time I kept hope we would find you. You finally came back and I can't be happier. Like the song says, I loved you for a thousand years and I'll love you for a thousand more." He didn't respond with words. He placed his lips on mine.

"I love you, Miranda." He said after a long, passionate kiss.

"Love you too, babe."

A/N I hope you didn't mind the cheesiness of quoting a song. :)

What did you like?

What did you dislike?

Suggestions for future chapters?