Chapter 6

The ball has just started and Anna and I have been introduced

The ball has just started and Anna and I have been introduced. We chatted for a moment and were rudely interrupted by some Duke of Weaseltown. When he bowed, a patch of his hair flipped down exposing his head. Anna and I laughed our heads off. He asked me to dance but I quickly made up an excuse saying that I don't dance but my sister did. So the Duke took Anna to dance doing some strange moves. I just started laughing. I began to mingle around with my subjects and rulers of other neighboring countries. A few hours later, my sister and a strange man with red hair entered the ballroom. The man was introduced as Hans a prince from the Southern Isles. Anna and Hans wanted my blessing on their marriage. What! (Isn't Anna only sixteen?) I told Anna that she couldn't marry a man she just met. She insisted that it was true love. What does she even know about true love? She knows nothing other than his name! Anna get mad at me and pulls off my right glove. I'm starting to feel the pressure of all the people's eyes focusing on me and Anna. She is irritating me and I am losing my temper. A shot of ice blasts from my hands and builds a barrier between me and the others. Anna just looks at me with a surprised confused face. I turn and run out the door of the palace. People are surrounding the entrance and make it hard to get out. I accidentally touch the fountain causing it to freeze people to part the way so I can get out. I run toward the North Mountain were I can be alone in peace. A big body of water lays in front of me. Taking a steady step on the water it freezes making a safe dry path to the other side. I go faster because I hear Anna calling out my name. I don't look back.