Sad - But You Didn't

Hi guys! I wanted to share this story. This story has been popular around the cybernet and for those who haven't heard of it yet, here it is. 

The background of this story is at the end. (^-^)

----------------------------------------------------

Remember the day I accidentally dented your new car? I thought you'd get mad at me. 

But you didn't. 

You just said, "As long as you're not hurt, that's all that matters." 

Remember the day I vomited pie all over your new carpet? I thought you'd yell at me.

But you didn't.

You just wiped off the barf and helped me  clean myself up. 

Remember the day I dragged you to the beach but it rained like you said it would? I thought you'd say, "I told you so."

But you didn't.

You ended up being the one to dry me off. 

Remember the day I flirted with other guys just to make you jealous. You didn't get jealous. I thought you'd leave me.

But you didn't.

You stayed. 

Remember the day I brought you to a dance and forgot to mention we had to wear something formal? You ended up wearing pants. I thought you'd abandon me.

But you didn't. 

You were the one to ask me for a dance.

There were lots and lots of things you didn't do, but you stayed with me, loved me and protected me. There was so much I wanted to make up to you, so much to say. 

I told myself I'd do everything when you came back from the war. 

.

.

Years and years passed by. 

.

.

I waited for you to come back. 

.

.

But you didn't. 

---------------------------------------------

This story/poem was from an American woman who had a husband that cherished her. The poem was found by her daughter and realized it was about the father, but the father had died in the war. He never came back.