Scary: The Hunter and His Dog

From The Witch's House.
______________________________________________________

There was a rich man that was pulling a cart along with dazzling, gold treasure. But the cart broke down, and soon came a hunter and his dog.

The rich man asked the hunter to look after the cart so that he can go back to get a new one. The hunter agreed and stood watch with his dog as the rich man walked back to town to get a new cart.

Hours passed by and the hunter was getting worried about his mother up at their cabin in the woods. She could've pushed herself off her bed, looking for him. The hunter's face filled with grief and asked the dog to guard the cart so he could check up on his mother.

The hunter left and the dog stood guard.

Running back with a new cart, the rich man only saw the dog guarding the cart. The rich man petted the dog and handed him a gold coin to give to his master as a thank you.

The dog ran back in the cabin with the gold coin in its mouth and showed his master, the mother was there with a happy face that soon dropped into a frown.

The hunter grew furious and his face filled with rage. "I told you to guard the cart! Not steal from it!"

As the rich man was hooking up the new cart, he thought, "Maybe that wasn't enough of reward after waiting for so long..." So, he rode toward where the dog ran.

He soon came upon a small cabin and saw the hunter outside, digging.

"Excuse me, hunter?"

The hunter turned around with blood on his face, hands, and clothes. "Oh!" The hunter dropped the shovel and ran up to the rich man, holding out a bloody gold coin. "I'm sorry about my dog. I swear it will never, ever happen again. Here, take it back." He shoved the coin toward the rich man.

The rich man stared at the coin in horror. "W-Why are you bloody?"

"Don't worry about it. Here, take it!" the hunter began to shout.

"W-Where's your dog?" asked the rich man.

"Don't. Worry. About. It." The hunter took the rich man's hand and placed the coin on it.

The rich man gave it back and ran to where the hunter was digging. After catching a glimpse, he suddenly staggered back, his hand on his mouth in shock.

"I told you to not to worry about it since it's not going to happen again," said the hunter, smiling to reassure the rich man.

The rich man swallowed. "I-I gave the coin to the d-dog to give it to you as a thanks, s-since you weren't there." He looked at the hunter with fear in his eyes.

The hunter just stared at him as he frowned, his expression suddenly growing dark. "You mean..."

"I-" The rich man shot toward his cart, eager to get away from the place. "I'm sorry!"

The hunter shouted in despair and threw a pocket knife to the back of the rich man's head. The rich man fell to the ground, his face frozen into shock.

Laughing, the hunter dragged the rich man's body toward the hole he was digging.

It was a grave that contained his dog's intestines that didn't even look like intestines anymore. It was cut in different lengths, as if someone was looking for something inside.

The hunter dropped the rich man's body in the hole. "It was a shame my dog didn't actually steal from you. I thought he did, since he had it in his mouth. Didn't wanna look bad in front of my momma, did I?" He laughed. "We needed that money." He began covering the grave.

The mother came out, concerned about the cart in front of their cabin. "Hon, is everything alright?"

The hunter turned around with a huge smile plastered on his face. "Nothing, mother."