Scary : Afterlife Bells

Christiana and Gabby were best friends since kindergarten. They would always understand each other and know how each other feels. 

During high school, they had to do a project about what they thought the afterlife was. Even though months have past since that project, they both really did wonder what the afterlife looked and felt like. So, they made a promise with each other. 

They both bought a small silver, sphere bell that was attached to a red string. They promised that when one of them died, they would ring the bell when they made it into the afterlife. They were half-joking though. 

Six months later, Gabby suddenly died from an illness. Everyone attended her funeral. And as it was Christiana's turn to give her blessings, there was a soft ringing sound, like a bell. 

"The afterlife exists," Christiana whispered to herself and looked at Gabby's coffin. "Gab-"

Suddenly, the ringing grew louder and louder and more violent. The funeral house was shaking as if there was an earthquake. Then suddenly there was banging and ripping sounds coming from the walls, but they got drowned out by the violent ringing of the bell. As if it as crying. 

As if it was suffering.

After 5 seconds, everything stopped. Everything and everyone. No one moved a muscle that you can hear a pin drop. 

Dead silence.

Then, the bell rung again, but it wasn't from everywhere. 

It came from Christiana's pocket.

And then a softer clink rung on her ears and saw that the bell had broken into pieces.

It made her really wonder, What is the afterlife like?

___________________________________________________