Scary: Flies

I've been noticing that every time I would come home from work, there would be flies in my house. Not just one or two summer flies, but a number of flies that could even cover an apple.

I hated their sound. One time I was eating and all I heard was "Bzzzz" right next to my ear. I tried to smack it away, and I did, but I felt its little body make contact with the back of my hand. 

Bzzzzzz.

I couldn't shake off the feeling of that little critter! I would wait for it to come back, but it doesn't. After a few hours, it disappears. Then it comes back, only for me to realize it had landed on my leg for who knows how long. I screamed and tried to kill it.

Bzzzzzz. 

I was getting sick of this. I called an exterminator. He came the next day with this weird spray and tools, then left to say it will work for sure. It was just common house flies. 

But the next morning, I woke up with a weird alarm that I did not like at all. 

Bzzzzzz.

I felt its little legs tickling my feet and I almost screamed. I coughed instead. I managed to get the bulge out of my throat, but felt sick again as I realized it was a fly that was in my mouth.

Its wings fluttered.

Bzzzzz. 

I ran frantically downstairs, only to find myself trapped in a house of little, black flies. They were everywhere. The ceiling, the walls, the windows. 

I remember seeing a little girl outside my backyard. I thought she was a neighbor so I shouted for help. But as I looked closer, her eyes were rolled back with maggots in the whites, her skin infested with cockroaches and worms, and her mouth was wide open into an abnormally large O. 

Bzzzzz.

Flies buzzed up her throat and out her mouth in thousands, chaotic flying dots directed to my house. 

I ran for my front door and never, ever came back.

___

I moved, of course. I did not want to stay in that place even though I get nightmares from that house ever since I left. 

I shivered.

I can't even sleep. The darkness reminds me of those little bugs blocking my windows with their tiny, creepy body. I don't even dare to look at a window anymore.

At night, all I would hear is: Bzzzzz, as if those flies are inside my ear, singing me a chorus of decomposing nature.