3. - Edited

Zach - Edited

"The building is that way, but we just have to make a quick stop at my friend's dorm," Abby spoke as we took a left which I could tell led into the residential part of campus and went even further from the educational part. I watched as she stretched her neck and stood on her tip toes as if looking for her friend in the distance. "I don't know where he is though."

My stomach clenched in an unfamiliar way. The possibility that Abby had a boyfriend just grew by a large percent. I mean, the girl was absolutely beautiful, hot even, so I'd always had the suspicion that she may have a boyfriend. And now we were stopping at his dorm; my pathetic heart didn't like that.

We came to a two story building similar to Abby's dorm house and she pressed a button on the door, it immediately buzzing and letting us in. We entered the small lobby which had some doors lining the hall and then a staircase leading up to the second floor. Some people mulled past us but none of them seemed to stop for Abby. Most did give me a second glance, recognizing me and stopping to say hi. That was going to be more annoying than I thought.

Finally after what felt like more than ten minutes, a tall kid came rushing down the stairs like there was a fire coming after him. With ten books in hand and a jacket hanging loosely over his shoulder, he jumped to a stop off the second to last step, catching his breath and taking a moment to finish getting dressed.

"I'm...sorry...Abby," he breathed in between gasps of air even though he only just ran down maybe twelve stairs. "I was finishing homework."

As soon as I looked at Abby, I could tell this was a common reoccurrence with this kid. She looked annoyed and irritated, yet didn't seem to hold any sort of grudge after he flashed her a clean, white smile. The percent chance this guy was her boyfriend just rose even more.

Why did I even care about it so much? I liked Abby, but to her, I was a douche bag football player - someone her own family didn't want her around. I either needed to get over this crush that made me transfer schools two weeks before football season started or do something about it. With a boyfriend in the way, the second option was fading further and further into the back of my mind.

"Sure you were, let's get going-"

She didn't finish her sentence because as soon as the kid looked at me, he ran from Abby's side to wrap me in what was maybe the biggest man-hug I'd ever been given, patting my back numerous times.

Awkward didn't even cover the atmosphere at that point.

"It's Zach Green!" The kid shouted, backing away from me to give another huge smile. Surprisingly, this is the first time someone's ever hugged me when they recognized me on campus, but that didn't mean I wanted to get used to it.

"And it's..." I trailed off, feeling very uncomfortable under Abby's annoyed and this kid's excited stare.

"It's Austin, man," the kid told me.

Austin - Austin Phillips?