Chapter 6

The next couple of weeks were quiet. Nobody has seen Tess again and I wasn't sure if that was a blessing or a curse. The longer she stayed out of sight the worse it's going to be. Dante had been calling the leaders of the Mafia in Chicago to try and get some information on the Irish. He has been flying there and back for meetings as well.

Dante introduced me to the boss of Chicago's Italian Mafia. He is fairly younger then Dante and his name is Dominic Romenello. He has been giving Dante a lot of information about the Irish and I just hope that he isn't giving Dante bullshit.

Things with Sophia haven't gone far. I consider her more of a friend now than before. She gives me advice when I need it and school help as well. We just seem to click. At first she was mad at me. She didn't like that she now has bodyguards following her around. But she got over it after a few days.

Amanda and I have been great. The past couple of weeks have been the best. I finally feel like a normal college student. I started drowning in homework, working a lot of hours at the gym and Amanda even dragged me to a party. But the funny thing about that was I had a really great time.

As the bruise started to fade from my face, I felt myself start to become the person I wanted to be. I felt myself changing for the better. Everybody around started to notice the change as well. When I saw Isabella at work the other day she asked me about it. She asked if I did my hair differently or wore a new shirt. When I said no to both she just gave me a smile and walked away. I'm finally at peace with myself.

Fall is definitely making its presence known here in New York City. The crisp morning air of late October chills my bones as I got on my bike to head to school. The leaves are starting to change color and Halloween is this Saturday. Amanda has plans on dragging me to NYU's Halloween ball. As of right now she has gotten our costumes but won't tell me what we are going as.

Another Monday and another 3 classes. I'm pulling straight A's in all of my classes so I'm not really worried. My class with Sophia is a bit awkward now though. Now that we are friends she really doesn't care so much about my work. As long as I show up to class and participate in discussions, I'm good.

Joe's men are still following us around. Dante doesn't want us to go out alone until Tess is dealt with. Even though Dante doesn't want me to drive my bike, Joe lets me. Our bodyguards John and Luke just follow behind me in there truck. Amanda finally gave me a chance to take her on my bike as well. At first she didn't want anything to do with it. She thinks they are dangerous. It's the most wonderful thing I have ever done. The way Amanda holds onto me makes me feel alive.

            So right now Amanda and I are on our way to school on my bike, Amanda's arms are wrapped tightly around my waist. When I pulled up to my building I got off my bike first and helped Amanda down. Even though she doesn't need any help I do it so I can touch her waist.

            Luke took the keys to my bike as Amanda and I walked into the building. Everyday since Tess's appearance I drop Amanda off and pick her up from her classes, as long as I have class the same day. It's just a nice feeling. Getting to walk hand-in-hand down the hallway with the girl I'm falling for.

After I dropped her off I went up to see Sophia before we had class together. Sophia has kind of taken on an older sister role to me. She gives me great advice on things and basically has become my shrink. I don't really hold anything back from her. Well, I don't really tell her about my relationship with Amanda. I don't really tell anybody about my relationship with Amanda because it's just for us. Nobody else needs to know about it.

My classes went well and I had no issues. The whole week went by really quickly. Everything went smoothly and before I knew it I sat in front of the garment bag that held my Halloween costume. Amanda is forcing me to get ready in my room. Amanda wants me to pick her up like I would if we didn't live together, but instead of knocking on our front door, I have to knock on the door to her room.