Chapter 7

Not wanting to make a big scene and ruin everybody else's night, I just picked Amanda up and carried her out to the car. John drove us to the hospital and they took Amanda in right away. After she was gone from view I punched the wall frustrated at how our prefect night went to shit.

After my punch, John gave me a phone and I knew I needed to call Dante. I sighed and took the phone before dialing Dante's house phone. He answered right away.

"Hello?" He asked half asleep.

"Dante, something happened." I said.

"Veronica what's going on?" He asked now awake.

"Tess was here, she... she was at the dance and she stabbed Amanda." I said and my floodgates opened.

My knees gave out and my ass hit the floor. My girlfriend just got stabbed because of me. Tess just declared war against us. A war she is going to lose.

"Veronica!" Dante yelled into the phone.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you hurt? What hospital are you at?" Dante asked.

"I'm fine and we are Columbia." I said feeling the tears roll down my cheeks. Physically I'm fine, mentally and emotionally I'm not.

"I'll be there soon." Dante said before hanging up.

John took his phone back and made a call, probably to Joe to fill him in on what happened. A few minutes later I felt someone sit next to me. I turned my head and saw a young guy in scrubs next to me.

"I saw you punch the wall, I think that your hand might be hurt." He said.

I turned my head back and looked down at my hand. My left hand is bruised and my knuckles are bleeding, I must have hit that wall pretty hard.

"Does it hurt?" He asked. I clenched my hand into a fist but I couldn't feel it. I couldn't really feel anything, my body is numb.

"I can't feel it." I said.

"Let's go clean you up then." He said.

After thinking it over I agreed and got up off the floor. The man took me to get an x-ray, which revealed that I broke my hand in two places. As the guy was wrapping my hand up I heard yelling from the hallway. Dante is here and no doubt he is looking for me.

"Can you stop for a second?" I asked the doctor.

"Yea just keep your hand in that position." The doctor said.

I nodded and hopped off the bed to open the door. I stuck my head outside of the door and saw Dante. He is on a warpath down the hall looking for me. Since I never told any of the guys where I was going they didn't know where I went.

"Dad" I said in between one of his rants. When he turned around and saw it's me his anger faded a bit.

Dante walked quickly over to the door and once he was inside he pulled me into him. I wrapped my arms around him and just held onto him.

"Thank god." He said quietly as he held my tight. After another minute he let go of me and held me at an arm's length.

"You're okay right?" He asked and looked me over.

"None of the blood is mine if that's what you are wondering." I said and sat back down on the bed.

The doctor whose name I still don't know started on my hand again. Looking down at myself I realized I'm covered in Amanda's blood, the thought made my skin crawl.

"First of all what happened to your hand?" Dante asked first.

"I punched the wall and broke it." I answered watching for his reaction.