Chapter 16

When I open up again everything was white. White ceiling, white walls, white hospital gown I'm now wearing, and the white bandages that are wrapped around my wrists. Looking around I took in the seen and saw that there is someone sitting in the chair next to me.

Jumping up in bed, my chest started to hurt, where is Amanda. She isn't in here. I started to pull all the things I'm connected too off of me and tried to get out of bed. The door to the room opened and in ran two nurses and a doctor. All of them tried to stop me from leaving the room.

"Veronica stop! Amanda's okay!" I heard one of them say.

"Where is she!" I said still fighting against the hand holding me back.

"She's in a room down the hall, stop fighting, Amanda's okay." I heard Sophia say in front of me.

With my chest still heaving I looked at the faces in front of me. Sophia still has that badge around her neck and all I want to do is rip it off her. I stopped fighting against them and just dropped to the floor.

"Come on lets get you back in bed." Sophia said and reached out to grab my arm. I backed away from the four of them.

"Don't touch me." I said not trusting everybody.

"Scar, come on, we are just trying to help you." Sophia said.

"I want to see Amanda now." I said.

"You can see her later, now you" I cut her off again.

"No, either I see her now or I will fight my way out of this room." I said ready to pounce.

Sophia looked around at the doctor and nurses and they all backed out of the room.

"I'll take you to her in a few minutes, but right now we need to talk." Sophia said sitting in front of me.

"You're FBI?" I asked staring at the badge around her neck.

"Yes, I am." Sophia said.

We protected you, you made me trust you. I trusted you from the start and all you wanted from me was information about Dante!" I yelled.

"Dante is a bad man Scar, you of all people should know that!" Sophia yelled back at me.

"Was, he was a bad man. You knew about the threats against my life and Amanda's and yet you did nothing. Dante is dead because you did nothing! You could have stormed the warehouse earlier but you didn't and now he is dead." I yelled with tears in my eyes.

"If I did something my cover would have been blown." Sophia said in a low voice.

"Yea well I just lost my second father. Take me to Amanda." I said not wanting to speak to her anymore.

Sophia got up off the floor and I did the same. We walked down the hall silently to Amanda's room. Her room is four doors down. A police officer is posted outside of her room. Sophia flashed her badge and the guy let us through. Sitting up in the bed is Amanda with a phone in her hand. She is using her other hand to rub her forehead.

She must have heard the door close behind us because she looked up to see who came into the room. Amanda looked like she was about to go off on whoever it was when she saw me.

"I'm going to have to call you back later." She said and hung up the phone before I ran over to her.

Once I sat on the bed I pulled her into my arms and just held onto her not wanting to ever let go.

"I'm so sorry" I said in her ear with tears running down my face.

"This wasn't your fault Veronica, don't ever think it was." Amanda said in response and kissed my neck.