Chapter Nineteen - 'It is time' : part one

It had been a whole week since Draco and Hermione had last talked and last kissed in the library. A whole week had passed since Pansy had inflicted pain on her and she had managed to burn the picture of Draco and herself together so that there was no proof of them ever being together.

Hermione saw Draco in classes and he was acting like his usual self which consisted of rolling his eyes at whatever the professor was teaching and making arrogant comments under his breath and some aloud. When she tried to talk to him, he would just tell her that he had to be somewhere else since exams were coming up soon and obviously Draco had a task to complete that Hermione still did not know about and did her best to steer him away from that path, which she was unsuccessful. She waved off his absence by making up for it in class since she smiled at him and he winked back at her.

Everything was fine but the last couple of days, he had stopped winking and talking to her for even a few minutes after class. It was like he was ignoring her. The last time she had seen him was in their last class on Friday which was potions. He had hardly looked at her but all through the lesson, he had been frowning as though trying to think of something very hard. He avoided her completely after that class and Hermione never saw him again all weekend.

Now, Hermione was sitting in the Gryffindor common room, reading a book when it happened: the very thing she had been dreading from the very first moment when she had been asked to ‘tutor’ Draco. The fire was slowly omitting heat, the crackling sound of the log comforted her as she read and thought about the last time she had seen Draco. That kiss had been phenomenal and she loved how he had done it in the library when anyone could have walked in, even though he was right since it was a Friday night and no one would bother to come to the library then.

Harry and Ron were conversing, rather angrily, about Snape giving Harry detention during the final Quidditch match of the year. Hermione tuned out at the mention of Quidditch and only heard snippets of their conversation which was full of hatred for Snape. She looked up when a boy came up to Harry and handed him a piece of paper before scurrying off. Hermione sat up straighter as he opened it up.

‘It’s from Dumbledore! He wants me to go to his office as quick as I can!’ Harry said, almost jumping out of his seat in excitement. Hermione closed her book and stood up as Ron got up too, frowning a little.

‘Blimey...’ he muttered, patting Harry’s back. ‘go on, mate. Better not keep him waiting.’

‘I’ll see you later,’ Harry said, nodding and shoved the note in his pocket. Hermione nodded too, managing a supportive smile as she watched him walk off, even though she felt like something bad was going to happen very soon.

Her heart felt heavy all of a sudden as she turned her back on Ron who had turned to look at her. Hermione sat down on the sofa again and thankfully, Ron didn't sit next to her. She watched him walk away from her and towards the table where he still had to finish that history of magic essay.

She had a really bad feeling about this and she couldn't shake it off. What did Dumbledore want of Harry at this time? What was so important that it couldn't wait? She felt worried, all of a sudden, for Draco and had to see him straight away but she had no idea where to find him. Hermione looked around the room at everyone looking so quiet and having a chat and a laugh. They all looked so happy while she felt her heart being squeezed in her chest. Hermione sat there for a good ten minutes, thoughts racing through her head until she heard Ron ask her a question

‘Hey, Hermione, what year was that dwarves rebellion again?’ Ron asked from where he sat, chewing on the end of his quill as he held up his essay which consisted of just half a page. He leaned backwards on his chair, waiting for her to answer.