Chapter Two - 'For you... really?'

Granger!

You think what you did is funny?! Meet me on the seventh floor when breakfast starts. I will hex you into oblivion if you don’t come there. How dare you turn my hair into this horrid orange colour! I LOOK LIKE A BLOODY CARROT! And I can’t get rid of it!

Seventh floor at breakfast or else... you better watch it, Mudblood.

Hating you always,

D.M

Hermione burst into fresh laughter every time she read the letter that had arrived at her in the morning. She was combing her hair and had forgotten all about Draco’s red hair in the morning. An elegant and fluttering owl seemed to soar straight to her through the open window and she detached the letter so that the bird could fly off.

‘Who is it from?’ Ginny had asked her that morning before leaving for breakfast. She combed her hair to make it extra straight even though she didn't really need to – Ginny’s hair was always straight.

‘No one special,’ Hermione pocketed the letter as Ginny glanced over at her suspiciously. She did her make up without another word and Hermione went into the bathroom.

The smile didn't leave her as she cleansed her face and put some light make up on to cover her skin. Hermione then got changed into a fresh shirt, trousers and she hung her tie around her neck. Leaving the bathroom, she pulled her hair back into a pony tail and grabbed her bag. Hermione took the stairs two at a time and came out of the common room. It was so unusually empty since everyone was at breakfast, usually the corridors were bustling with students everywhere. She raced up the stairs and quickly found Draco near a door. He was watching to see who came up the stairs and his eyes flashed once Hermione got closer to him.

‘Granger!’ he yelled and Hermione started to laugh before she was even on the floor. She climbed the stairs and walked towards Draco who was fuming with rage. His red face almost matched his hair colour, ‘stop laughing!’

‘I can see you from a mile away!’ Hermione chuckled, her eyes roamed through his red hair for a second before she started to laugh again. Hermione hitched her bag onto her shoulder and she got her wand out.

‘I can’t change it back! You’re ruining my reputation, Granger!’ Draco muttered and then said in a demanding and loud voice, ‘CHANGE IT BACK!’

‘I don’t know how,’ Hermione managed to say once she had stopped laughing. There was an instant of silence where she felt her heart beat before Draco had pinned her against the wall. She could smell his breath since he was so close to her.

‘Don’t push it, Granger. Change me back or I won’t let you go!’ Draco whispered threateningly. Hermione shuddered a little under his touch but she smiled at him anyway. After last night, she wasn’t scared of Draco, she just wanted to annoy him like he had been annoying her since first year, ‘you do realise that you’re missing class?’

‘No...’ Hermione whispered uncertainly. Everyone must still be down at breakfast but before long they would be coming up here and they would see Draco leaning against Hermione like this... they would get the wrong idea, ‘fine, I’ll fix it.’

Draco took one step backwards and Hermione glanced at him. A second passed where their eyes didn't look away from each others. Then Hermione turned and tried to run for the stairs after grabbing her bag but Draco was still holding her wrist so he yanked her back.

‘Not that smart, Granger. Fix it,’ Draco ordered, letting her wand hand go.

Hermione sighed before she waved her wand and said a spell. Slowly the red faded off and the blonde colour faded into the hair. Draco looked a lot more like himself now and Hermione realised that she liked his blonde hair more than red hair.