Chapter 2

Camila's pov
---

Practice was going great until I decided to make an adjustment to our cheer.

As I was lifted in the air, I could tell that the hold was off. When I spoke up it came out as a scream as I fell to the ground. My eyes were squeezed shut as I expected pain, but felt my self being caught.

Opening my eyes I come face to face with the gorgeous green eyes that I fell in love with 6 years ago.

Lauren's pov
I don't know how I did it, but I did. I caught Camila. Looking down I got lost in her brown pools, completely tuning out all of the talk going on around us and I think she's doing the same.

I was brought out of my fantasy when I noticed the murmurs had stopped. Tearing my eyes away I look up to see everyone staring.

Realization hits and my face turns red as I set Camila's feet gently back on the ground. I continue to stare at her while she is talking to her teammates. "Ok everyone take a break. We will definitely need to work on that routine some more."

I see her smile. I start to turn around."Wait!!" I freeze turning slowly only to be met with another one of her massive hugs, but this time she actually jumps on me wrapping her legs around my waist and arms around my neck, as she buries her face in it. "Lo I-I d-don't" I hear her whisper "thank you.. so much." She pulls her head back and she has watery eyes but a big smile.

"It was nothing" I say placing my hands on her for support.

"Well anyway if it wasn't for you I could've gotten hurt."

"Actually I think Normani was about to catch you, but I kinda pushed her out of the way." I say scratching my neck. She chuckles and looks back at her team as she hops off of me.

"It looks like I literally fell for you Lauren." She says winking and turns walking away causing my heart to beat in overdrive.

No one's pov
Camila makes her way over to Normani with a scared expression on her face. "Yo Mila you alright?"

"I just flirted with Lauren." Camila says shakingly causing Normani to laugh.

"It's not funny Mani. It's embarrassing." Camila replies, pouting.

"Mila I doubt Lauren even noticed. She's kinda dense about these things." Normani responds patting the shorter girl on the shoulder. "And besides I thought you liked Lauren, so why wouldn't you wanna flirt with her?" She asks receiving a hand to the mouth In return.

"Shhhh Mani not so loud" Camila says frantically looking around, sighing in relief when she sees her team practicing on the court. "Of course I like her but she would never like me like that so I don't need to add embarrassment to that hurt." She whisper yells.

Normani just sighs and looks over Camila's shoulder to see her girlfriend trying to pull a frozen Lauren off the court.

"Alright Babe you ready to go." Normani asks Dinah pulling Lauren out of her train of thought.

"Yeah come on Ralph." Dinah says while dragging the older girl to her feet.

"I don't know why I agreed to third wheel with you guys." Lauren says when she sees Dinah go in for a kiss. Trying to avoid watching the make out session, Lauren diverts her attention to Camila who is currently making her way towards them.

"Hi Lauren." Camila says shyly.

"Hey Camila." Camila sends Lauren a small smile while tapping Normani on the shoulder.

"Mani can you take me home. I carpooled with Ally, but she forgot she had a doctor's appointment." Lauren quirks a brow at Dinah once she snickers.