Chapter 6

Camila's pov
---

I have no idea why Lauren has been ignoring me and it honestly hurts. I don't know how someone I've only gotten to know for a short amount of time could effect me so much... oh that's right. I love her.

The 30 minutes before lunch in English went by so slow. I couldn't concentrate on my work so I ended up daydreaming about Lauren.

I can't take not knowing what is going on and why she won't talk to me. I was hoping to catch her while we walked to lunch, but when the lunch bell rang she was out of the door in a flash just like after Music.

Walking in the cafeteria I look towards my table expecting to find my best friend, Selena. She is always first at our table, but today I couldn't find her. I figured she would have texted if she was out. After getting out my lunch, the girls file in, filling our table. Our table has been full ever since Dinah starting sitting over here when her and Normani starting dating.

"Hey have any of you guys seen Lauren?" Dinah asks pulling out a chair for Normani.

"Selena told me she needed to talk to her during lunch today." Taylor states. What? Why would Selena want to talk to her?

I scan around the lunchroom and my eyes finally land on them. Lauren looks like she just received some huge news. What could Selena have said that would make Lauren react like that. My mind automatically thinks the worst. Selena wouldn't... would she? She wouldn't tell Lauren that I liked her. Of course she wouldn't because I made her promise and she's my best friend so she wouldn't do that. But what would she need to tell Lauren?

For the rest of lunch our conversation goes one ear and out the other. I can't think of anything else but what Selena and Lauren our talking about. I'm watching them closely when Lauren looks up and our eyes meet. Wait... did she just smirk at me?

~~~
I make my way through the crowd to head back to English. "Hey Camila." I turn to see Shawn start walking next to me. I've heard a rumor that he has a crush on me but who knows.

"Hey." I say back trying not to make it awkward.

"I was wondering if you're free after school today?" Don't get me wrong Shawn isn't bad looking and seems sweet from what I know about him, but I've saved myself for Lauren. It may be nice to be in a relationship but every time I think about it Lauren somehow makes her way in my brain.

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to try my luck with Shawn. I was about to agree because why the heck not but someone interrupted me.

"Come on Camz don't wanna be late." Lauren comes out of nowhere and starts dragging me away. Why would she do that? I shout sorry to Shawn and get out of Lauren's grasp.

"What the heck was that for?" I ask a little angry. I have the right to be since she's been ignoring me and decided to interrupt my conversation.

"I could tell you didn't want to be talking to him." She says bluntly. What the heck.

"What if I did want to talk to him! He was asking me out!" I really didn't care about that but I wanted to make her feel bad. Why is she acting this way? She won't answer me when I try talking to her yet she'll pull me away from other conversations.

"Lauren what is going on? Why are you acting like this?" She doesn't respond. What is wrong with her she always gets like this when I talk to guys. She did the same thing the other day when i was helping Ross with his homework.

I'm getting irritated because she's just standing there looking at her feet.

"Laur--" The bell interrupts me and gives Lauren enough time to rush back into class.

~Skip to last period~
"And make sure to do questions 1 through 8 in your book." I catch my teacher saying over the afternoon announcements as we pack up.

"Hey is everything alright between you and Lauren?" I hear Selena ask.

"I don't know," I say truthfully,"Lauren has just been distant today."

She frowns. "I'm sure she just has a lot on her mind."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I can't say." The bell rings, interrupting our conversation. Whats with this stupid bell. I try to get Selena's attention, but she goes off and I lose her in the crowd.

I decide I'm not letting Lauren get away without an explanation so I rush to her car.

A few moments later I see Lauren walking out with her friends. When they see me the boys stop and push Lauren causing her stumble ahead. They all laugh and disperse leaving me and Lauren alone. What was the Laughing for? Weird.

"Camz you need a ride?" She asks and I hear uneasiness in her voice. What has changed today?

"Nope I just want to know why you haven't wanted to talk to me since Music." I say leaning on her car.

"Uh it's nothing Camz." She says trying to get around me to her car but I step in front of the door.

"I know its not nothing Lauren."

"I'm just confused. Can you just move please." She asks trying to get around me. The next few minutes consist of us fighting as she tries to unlock her door.

"What's making you confused?" I ask. She stares at her feet just like earlier today.

"Lo--" I start but she cuts me off.

"I like you" She suddenly blurts out causing me to freeze. "Say something God damn it... I like you." I try to speak but nothing comes out. Learning your crush actually likes you too is a lot to comprehend.

"Forget it. I just ruined everything." I snap back when I see her opening her car door.

"I-I like you too." I croak out. I watch her back straighten and she stops messing with the door.

"You don't have to say that out of pity Camila."

"I'm not."

A/N
Ta-da. First curse word woop... lol nope. I've done some major editing to my previous chapters to make them flow better. Thanks for the suggestions and feedback.
Happy Thanksgiving guys
Later☆ -Mack