Chapter 5

Camila's pov
---

I woke up late again as usual. Stupid alarm clock. After rushing to get ready, I make my way to the kitchen. Grabbing a banana, I take a seat and pull out the song I have to learn. I've memorized most of it, but practice makes perfect.

The drive to school was boring without Lauren there with me.

When I finally arrive, the bell rings, so I rush towards class. Walking in, I see a girl pinned up against the lockers by a guy. Gross. As I get closer I can make out the guy's voice, Brad Simpson, but I've yet to see the girl. I've hated Brad ever since he made a toss at Lauren in 8th grade and he's been relentless since then. Every time I see him I just want to put him in his place but I can't do that because Lauren isn't mine either.

To avoid the rest of that scene, I quickly make my way towards the art room so I can see Lauren.

When I walk in the first place I look is our table, but she isn't there. Frowning, I reluctantly take my seat. I keep my eyes glued to the door and I sigh in relief when she walks in right before the bell. My smile quickly falters when I notice her hair and clothes disheveled. "Lo everything okay?" I ask worried.

"I'm fine just drop it Camz." She says in a harsh tone, pulling out her work. I immediately turn back to my desk, mood worsening. She's never talked to me like that. What happened this morning? I decide not to press the issue at the moment; class goes on without us saying a word to one another and it kills me.

When we make our way out of the class, I pull Lauren to the side of the hallway. "Alright tell me what's going on."

"Camz it's nothing okay." She says trying to get away but I stop her.

"It is something." She sighs, I think I've won this.

"Brad made a pass this morning. I laughed in his face. Things got heated." I frown. "If it wasn't for the guys helping me I may not have gotten away."

Realization hits me. "That was you pinned against the lockers this morning." She looked at me shocked.

"Y-yeah how'd you know that?"

"I saw Brad when I was walking to class but I didn't see you, I just knew he had a girl pinned. I'm sorry Lo if I knew that was you I would've tried to help."

She smiled and chuckles a little. "It's okay and thanks. Let's get to class. Don't want to cut it close like last time." I smile and she grabs my hand. Oh my God. There's the electricity.

"Alright who's up first?" Mrs. Lopez, our music teacher, asks. Lauren's friend James volunteers. I basically tune everyone out, just clapping when their done. But when it's Lauren's turn, I perk up and pay close attention.

"Okay Lauren what's the name of your song?"

"Um it's called Picture This." Mrs. Lopez nods indicating for Lauren to start.

Picture this, first kiss in the moonlight
Slow dance, cover band playing all night
Meant to be, cool breeze feeling so right
Picture this, picture this
Picture this, holding hands on the boardwalk
Perfect date, out late, making small talk
Arcade, playing games you can win it all
Picture this, picture this

God I can picture all of this with Lauren.

When you look into your future
Who's there standing
With you when you close your eyes

Do you see what I see
You and me, it's like a movie scene
That's the way you know it should be
The two of us together, girl can you picture this
Girl can you picture this
The two of us together
Girl can you picture this