Chapter 8

The girls were currently throwing ideas around, but unfortunately were getting nowhere. Three hours had passed and all they had managed to do was waste a couple of pages in Lauren's notebook.

"Laur let me see that." Dinah said, jerking the book from Lauren's hands. Dinah started flipping through the pages looking at their notes until she saw writing in a different pen. Much to Lauren's dismay, (she was using all her power to try to get it back, Dinah unfortunately pushing her away) Dinah started reading it. "Laur this is dope. Did you write this?" Dinah asked as the other girls squeezed in, trying to read the girls song.

"Yeah.. but it's not done yet and it's really not that good." Lauren says sheepishly, hoping that the girls wouldn't read too much into the words. Lately all Lauren has been thinking about is Camila, so of course that's what all her writings have been about. But that's nothing new.

Normani looks up at her red faced friend and then to Camila who hasn't moved from her spot on the floor. "Lauren we have to use this song." Normani said followed by Ally and Dinah nodding furiously.

Lauren's eyes widened at the statement. She wanted to be the one to sing the song to Camila but she's been too shy so maybe this wasn't a bad idea. "Ok."

~~~
"I am sooo tired." Dinah says flopping down on Lauren's bed earning a laugh from her girlfriend.

"What are you talking about you barely did anything?" Camila adds sitting down on the floor. This causes the girls to laugh and Dinah to pout.

The girls agree on ordering pizza and having a movie night before they all head home. When the doorbell rings thirty minutes later, Lauren is the one to go retrieve it, the rest of the girls being too engrossed in Finding Nemo.

~~~
Lauren's pov
When I get back I noticed Ally had moved to where I had been beside Dinah. Now I could either sit on the floor or beside Camila.

I toss the boxed onto the coffee table and sit down beside Camila. I found myself wanting to scoot closer and closer to her so I tried to as subtly as possible. I wasn't even watching the movie, instead watching the crinkles by Camila's eyes as she laughed and thinking that I wanted to be the cause of that.

All of a sudden her smile went away and tears started forming in her eyes. I frowned and turned to see what was causing her to cry. Once I saw the scene on tv I smirked and tried to hold in my laughter. I failed to hold it in which caused her to look at me with an arched brow. "What's so funny?" 

"You" I said earning a frown. "The scene isn't even sad Camz."

"Yes it is. You are just cold hearted." She retorted, pouting.

Laughing, I put my arm around her and pulled her into my chest. "Aww you poor baby." I wispered, wrapping my arms around her as I finally focused on the movie.

~~~
"Bye, see you tomorrow." I said waving as Dinah and Normani pulled out of my driveway. I turned around facing Camila, who was struggling to shove a book into her bag. "Need some help?" I asked walking over.

"Thanks but I got it." She responded as she finally pushed it book in. I nodded and handed her a pen that was left on the floor. "Thank you." She said as she looked up at me. What happened next left me speachless until she was already out the door.

She kissed me. She kissed my cheek but still. Camila Cabello just kissed me.

~~~
Camila's pov
I unlock the door to my house and sneek in. The door squeaks as I shut it and I try to make my way to my room without waking my family.

After changing into my pajamas I snuggle into the bankets. "BOO!"
My eyes fly open and I scream.

"SHI-SHOOT SOFI!!" I glare at my sister as I try calming my racing heart. Sofi laughs as I continue to make a fool of myself while trying to not tear my sisters head off. "What do you want Sof?" I ask annoyed.

"Why are you home so late?"

"I was with some friends doing school stuff Sof." I say as we both get back under the covers.

"Was you with Lolo?" I chuckle at her speech.

"Yeah I was with Lolo." I say as a smile makes its way on my face. Lauren never fails to make me smile.

"Why don't Lolo come here anymore Kaki?" Sofi asks, pouting. 

"Well she has no reason to Sof." I say.

"You don't like her anymore Kaki?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I hear you and Mani talking all the time about how much you looove Lolo." Sofi says putting an emphasis on love. I can feel my face start heating up as I think about all the times I've gushed about my feeling towards Lauren to Normani.

"You're not supposed to know about that Sofi. It's personal." I say ending with a sigh.

"Kaki you should tell Lolo how you feel cause then she'd like you and start coming over and she'd play with me and we'd all be happy. I miss her." My sister's confession causes me to sigh once more.

~~~
I haven't been able to get the talk with Sofi out of my head. She knows I like Lauren, yet she doesn't look at me differently. Maybe she is just too young to understand that liking the same gender isn't necessarily accepted everywhere. But then again Lauren doesn't get hassled much, only by a select few.

I put Lauren at the back of my mind as I make my way through the halls towards my locker.

After getting my books out I notice Lauren at hers a few rows down. I feel creepy for staring, so I decide to go speak. You can do this Camila. It's now or never. I give myself a little pep talk before making my way over.

I see Shawn start making his way over as well causing me to stop. I really don't feel like putting up with him right now. Bracing myself for whatever he has to say, I prop up against the lockers waiting. To my surprise he actually stops at Lauren's. Well that's good at least he-wait that's not good.

"Wham!"

Shit.

A/N
How dope is 7/27?
What's your favorite song from the album?
I really planned on writing alot this summer but summer AP homework had other ideas. Anyways shoutout to Pinkinme92 for the ideas!
Later- Mack☆