Chapter Four: Ned

"Of course I'll be your Best Man!" Joe exclaimed into the phone.
    Frank protested, "No way, dude. I'm going to be the best man." Frank and Joe Hardy were some of Nancy's best friends, making them my best friends, too. Like Nancy, they were detectives and used to work for ATAC or American Teens Against Crime. Now they work for the Justice Department which is another type of detective department along with Nancy, who the Hardy Boys had recommended to the Justice Department. They had sent Nancy a letter, asking her to work for them and she accepted. The Hardy Boys even got to help Nancy with a few cases.
    Of course, I helped Nancy a few times myself. Many times, in fact, Nancy had called me for advice when she was stumped on a case. There was also a time where Nancy had been
framed for burning down the Town Hall. Bess, George, and I had all helped with that case.
In fact, Brenda Carlton had been the one who framed Nancy. She had been a famous news reporter and framed Nancy just so she could get a good story. She was put behind bars, but had recently been released from Jail. This shook Nancy a bit, but we hadn't heard from Brenda or have seen her anywhere, so Nancy shrugged away the feeling.
Now, Joe and Frank we debating as to who was going to be my best man. Sometimes, the Hardy Boys amazed me. I had never seen two brothers so close. You could never find Frank or Joe by themselves, they were always together solving mysteries or just being normal teenage boys.
Frank was two years older than Joe with dark, brown hair. He was also about two inches taller than Joe. Another thing about Frank was that he was mature and logical, while Joe was not so much. Joe had always been one to believe in things like Bigfoot or The Boogey Man, but he also had a great sense of humor. Joe had dirty blonde hair. Joe also had sky blue eyes while Frank had dark blue eyes. They had their differences, but were still a great team of detectives.
"I am older, taller, and wiser than you, making me the best Best Man," Frank exclaimed.
Joe threw a remark right back at him. "Oh, please Frank. I would obviously make the best Best Man. I am the one who looks the best in a tux."
"Says who?" Frank asked.
I could hear the smirk in Joe's voice, "All the beautiful ladies who like mysterious, funny guys in tux's."
"Give me a break Joe!"
"Nervous yet?"
Having had enough of their little argument, I stepped in, "Come one guys! You can both be my Best Men!"
I could tell they were taken aback, "Really?" Joe sounded like he was about to explode with excitement.
"Of course," I said, "It wouldn't be a good wedding without having both the Hardy Boys by my side!"
"Thanks, Ned!" Frank said, satisfied.
"Yeah, thanks Ned!" Joe thanked me.
After saying my goodbyes, I hung up the phone. It was great having friends like the Hardy Boys. I could always count on them.