Chapter Seven: Nancy

Two and a half months later...
"Nancy," Hannah called, "I'm going to go to the bakery and place the order for the cake we selected." Hannah was really being a big help preparing for the wedding. She even stitched my Mom's wedding dress to fit me. I had always been one for old fashioned things and so had my Mother. According to my Father, we had the same style and her dress suited me perfectly. I knew she would have been proud of me.
"OK!" My Dad was at work, so I was glad to be getting some time to myself. The past two and half months have been very busy.
I went up to my room and busied myself with a Sherlock Holmes story. The Justice Department was giving me time off for the wedding as for the Hardy Boys which was very generous of them. I hardly ever get to spend time in my room since I always seem to be away.
About ten minutes have passed when I hear the front door softly close. "Was Hannah home already?" I thought to myself. The bakery was halfway across town. I slowly put down my book and tiptoed downstairs.
I looked around the foyer. Nobody was there. "Hello?" Nobody answered.
I heard a creak come from the kitchen. "Hannah?" I checked my pocket for my cell phone and pulled it out. I also grabbed a candlestick from the table that sat near the bottom of the steps.
I slowly made my way to door of the kitchen. I put my hand on the doorknob and swung the door open. Nobody was there.
Then, I heard loud clicks coming towards me from behind. I turned and swung the candle stick, but fell backwards and a hard metal hit my forehead. Everything went dark.