Chapter 1

Hey readers, this will be second book published to wattpad!!!! if i can get aleast one vote, then i will be willing to post another chapter. If you are a reader of Elemmire- a Legolas Love Story, i will still write more chapters. And yes, the my profile picture is of me jumping (2'6) my horse Lexus from a few years back :) :)

Hope you enjoy ;P

(sorry if there are lots of errors, i really wanted to get a chapter posted up as soon as possible.)

It was an early summer afternoon when I arrived at the barn. The sun was beaming down on my back which made it hot, but there was a nice breeze that kept me cool. I wore my light beige breeched, navy polo shirt and I pulled my long red hair back into a pony tail. I walked into the barn with my helmet bag, and my new matching turquoise saddle pad and polo wraps.

I love horses; they were the only thing I could rely on to be there for me when I am upset. As I walked down the hallway, all the horses poked their heads over the stall doors. My instructor, Krystal was in the indoor arena teaching some beginners.

As I walked past the cross ties, I said hello to a bunch of the other riders brushing their horses. I noticed one of my riding buddies tacking Tia in her stall. Tia is a beautiful Percheron x Thoroughbred bay. She was one of the many school horses that my instructor leased off to her students.

"Hey Alyssa," I said standing outside of Tia stall. "What are we doing today in our lesson?"

Alyssa looked up from the boot she was adjusting on Tia. "Oh, hi Katie," she replied, "Krystal said that we were going to start off with a small dressage test. Then we were going to work on 3 foot hunters."

"That sounds like a busy lesson," I said "I will see you in the arena," Then walked off to go talk with Krystal.

When I reached the arena I saw Krystal holding the horses while her students were having fun doing around the world. (That is when you spin your body 360' around your horse, while balancing on top of the horse's back.)

"Hey, Krystal! Am I still riding Lexus?" I asked.

She spun her head around to the gate. "Sure Katie, Lexus is out in the far paddock."

"Great," I replied as I walked outside.

Lexus is a 15 year old Warmblood cross. His straight black body and small star on the top of forehead makes it very easy to spot him from a distance.

When I reached the paddock, I noticed Lexus and his buddy Sprite were sharing a paddock. Sprite is one of my favorite ponies, though I have only ridden him once. He adorable dark bay Canadian about 14.2 hands high with no markings.

I whistle, and then called his name, "Lexus buddy." As I did so, he lifted his head up from the patch of grass he was nibbling on to see who called him. When he noticed it was me who called he whinnied back and pick up a frisky trot to where I was standing.

"Hey buddy, how are you doing?" I asked. I knew he could not speak, but whenever I talked to him he would bob his head up and down, while flopping his lips around. It was really funny to watch, and every time he did it I let out a little giggle.

I walked over to the gait where Lexus' halter was hanging on a hook. He followed me over to the gait, and then I stepped inside the paddock. I slipped the halter over his head and lightly placed behind his poll. "Good boy," I said as I stroked him on the forehead.

I lead him out the gait and down to the barn. I decided that I would tack him up in the cross-ties today. Lexus was already fairly clean, but I still made sure to give him a nice long brush.

At the barn I was always well known for my matching coloured saddle pad and polo raps. I think I have over 15 different colours by now. Today, I would use my matching turquoise pair.

I noticed Alyssa walking towards me. "Katie, we have five more minutes until we have to have your horses tacked and ready to warm-up," warned Alyssa, "I noticed that Lexus' saddle is still in his locker. Do you need any help?"

I smiled back at her before saying, "thanks for noticing, but I have my own saddle now." I gestured to the saddle that was already placed on Lexus' back.

"When did you get a saddle?" She asked, "Is that a CWD?"

"Yes, it certainly is," I answered, "I just bought it on the weekend."

"Wow, you will have to let me know what it is like to ride in one."

"I will," I replied as I was about to bridle Lexus.

After, I headed to the outdoor dressage arena to warm up. Just before I got on I made sure to tighten my girth a hole and pull my stirrups down. When that was done I mounted Lexus smoothly and picked up a strong trot to begin.