Chapter 12

Classes felt like they took forever, and I was so happy when the lunch bell rang.  Quickly I made my way to the cafeteria; tons of students had already grabbed their lunch and were seated at the tables.

Just as I got in line Josh ran up to me. “Katie I was wondering if ummm....” he started to scratch behind his ear nervously, “if you would join me to grab some lunch at Boston Pizza.”

“I would love to,” I smiled following him out of the busy cafeteria and across campus to the Boston Pizza.  

The restaurant was cozy inside; there was a counter to order your food, then you sit with your number at a table that you wish. Josh and myself picked a table at the back of the room.

We had each ordered a slice of pepperoni pizza with fountain pop. He had offered to pay but I refused his polite gesture. The pizza did not take long to bake and soon we were munching away on warm, gooey pizza.

“How are you feeling?” Josh asked, “I mean like after falling off twice in a row.”

“Sore and tired,” I sighed, “Oh and this is for telling Mr. Rooks,” I gave him a good punch in the shoulder.

“It was only for safety reasons. I didn’t think it would be such a big deal!” Josh explained.

“Mr. Rooks went all tough on me,” I gave him the this-was-your-fault look.

Josh threw his hand up in the air, “Ok, ok, blame the guy who was nice enough to invite you with him to Boston Pizza.”

I smiled, Josh was a sweet guy, “Thanks Josh.”

    The third period bell rang said thanked Josh again before running off to  the Drama room. I noticed Alex was in front of me and when I caught up to her I jumped on her back. “Hey gurl, are you excited as I am,” I bounced up and down.

“Are you kidding, I think I am even more excited,” She smiled turning around to see who was talking. “Well, if that is possible, you look like you just had five cups of coffee.”

“It is a good thing I don’t drink coffee then!” I giggled. This was going to be my first formal audition, and it was going to be so much fun.

I walked through the large glass doors at the front of the theater. Many of the other Drama classmates were already there, but class had not yet started. Everyone else was pumped to be auditioning too.

Ms. Roberge walked up in front of the class, “Welcome Drama 10! Yes today you will be auditioning for your parts, everyone will get a part, so don’t fret. Now everyone has two choices, either you audition alone and read the part of Mad Aggie on page 22 or you can form a group and read the parts of Dorothea, Bethesda, and the Professor on page 13.” She took a deep breath and continued, “So does that sound ok?”

There was a chorus of “Yes.” that spread across the room. I spun my head around looking to see if anyone else wanted a partner. I did not care if I auditioned alone or not, but I thought it would be fun to have someone in there with me.

“Teddy, are you looking for a group?” I asked.

“Yes, I would hate to go alone!” Teddy replied, “Can Tamila join us too?”

“Of course,” I smiled. “Lets go find a quiet place to practice before we head in there.”

“Good idea,” Tamila joined the conversation. “Why don’t we head down to the green room?” Both Teddy and myself agreed, the green room was a small room in the corner of the Drama room where everyone loves to hang out. The reason why it is call the green room is because the whole room is a bright lime green colour.