Chapter Seven

"Guess what, babe," Shaun said as he wrapped his arm around my waist. I was getting used to him calling me babe, or at least getting good at ignoring it, and so I turned and smiled at him.

"What?"

"I said guess!"

"Ummm...you've bought a whole lot of chocolate and you're gonna share it with me?"

"Close."

"What? You mean you did get me chocolate?"

"Well, I will have by Friday because...it's our one month anniversary!"
"Aww, really? You remembered? God, I haven't even been counting. Sorry!"

"It's okay," he chuckled. "But I guess you'll just have to make up for it by giving me a kiss."

"Right now?" I asked and looked around the school hallway. Even though I loved kissing Shaun, the school hallway wasn't my favourite place to do it.

He licked his lips and wiggled his eyebrows at me. "Right now."

I rolled my eyes at him but smiled and leaned forward to give him a small kiss on the lips.

"Oh!" he said and made a face of disbelief. "No way! That doesn't count!"

"It does so!" I said and started laughing at the shocked look on his face.

"Then I'll just have to kidnap you and take you somewhere so it does count."

"No, no! That counted! It was on the lips!"

Suddenly he wrapped his arms around my waist and hoisted me up over his shoulder.

"Ohmygod! Shaun! I'm gonna die!" I laughed.

"I'll put you down in a second." He started walking down the hallway and I could hear everyone talking about us as we went past. I was glad I couldn't see anything except Shaun's back.

"Seriously, Shaun, we're gonna get in trouble."

"Naaah, there's no teachers around-"

"Mr McDonald, if you would kindly put Miss Kohl down, thankyou," a male voice said and my eyes widened. Great timing, Shaun.

Shaun slowly turned around and then leaned forward slightly and slid me off his shoulder, resulting with me sliding down his whole front body, which was quite awkward with Mr Timpson standing right there.
Mr Timpson was a year thirteen teacher but everyone knew he was psycho. I guess that's what happened when you were the vice principal and had to deal with disrespectful high school students all day.

He was glaring at both of us with his dull brown eyes and raised his eyebrows at us as he asked, "Would you like to explain what you were doing? You know that carrying other students around during school time is unacceptable." His voice was rising and the few students who had hung around to watch started disappearing.

"We were just, I was just having some-fun," Shaun managed to get out and shifted slightly so his shoulder was in front of me. "Lacey didn't do anything."

I held back my 'aww' sympathy face and decided that I needed to give him a big hug later.

Mr Timpson moved his glare from Shaun to me and I almost flinched. "Is that true, Miss Kohl?" How did he know what my name was? He'd never taught me before and I wasn't going to be year thirteen anytime soon.