Chapter 10:Date

Nikki nervously got ready to go out, Mary on the other couldn't wait for the day to end. Even though it had just begun. For the sixth time Nikki looked at herself in the mirror debating if this outfit was the one.
"Mary do I look ok?" she asked once again. Mary sighed grabbing her friend and sitting her on the bed.

"Ok Nikki I'm only gonna say this once so listen up." Nikki just nod and let Mary continue.
"You are bueatiful, you have perfect, healthy blonde hair, blue eyes that would make anyone fall in love with you, and to top it all off bueatiful evenly tanned Sun kissed skin. Nikki if he doesn't like you it's his lost."

Nikki let out a sigh and agreed with her friend and settled for blue jeans and a red v-neck. Mary had on black jeans and a red flannel that she loved. Right on time a honk was herd signaling the girl that their ride was here.

The drive to the movies wasn't long. They decided to watch the movie Maze Runners: Scorch Trails but the movie didn't stsrt for another 45 minutes.

"Let's ride the farris wheel" Laim suggested. Nikki quickly agreed and they walk off to get in the short line.

"You don't want to go on the farris wheel?" Reese asked Mary.

"I can't." Mary said blankly with out any explanation. Reese took her by the hand and led her to the small ice cream shop near there.

"Why can't you?" Reese asked very interested.

"Why can't I what?"

"Why can't you get on the farris wheel?" Reese clarified. Mary took a deep breath.

"Well" she began to explain
"When I was eight I was on the farris wheel alone. My parents where down here waiting for me to get down after the final lap, but at the very top the ride stopped. No one could figure out why. The cart I was in broke down and fell causing me to almost die. Turns out that same day Nikki went into a coma." Mary tried hard not to let her voice sound weak but it did.

"Does she know?"

"No and please don't tell her?" Mary asked Reese. Reese nod agreeing. They kept talking for a while until finally Liam and Nikki came back.
····

Mary and Nikki finally got home around one in the morning. Nikki was worn out and walking into her room just took off her pants and went to sleep. Mary however just got undressed and made a phone call.
"I was wondering if you where going to call." the person said very confidentiality.

"Well how couldn't I after how much fun we had tonight." Mary assured. "Reese I accept."

"You accept what?" Reese ask even though she knew what Mary meant.

"You know I accept to go on a date with you. Just me and you." Mary said in a low tone.

"Ok Wednesday afternoon at five."

"Yup. Good night." with that Mary hang up the phone and layed in bed. She had originally not wanted to go out but her day turned out to be pretty fun. Her and A Reese talked all day while Nikki and Liam kept ditching them.
····

Monday came and once again their daily routine began. Mary made breakfast while Nikki threw up whatever they ate last night. By the time they where done they where already late.
"Nikki lets go we're gonna be late!" Mary shouted. Nikki rushed down stairs and outside. Both girls ate their breakfast burrito in the car. As soon as Mary parked the car and both girl rushed out to their first period class. Nikki made it to her class as soon as the bell rang. She took her seat next to Reese and payed attention to the boring lecture the stupid teaching was giving. Each period seemed to go faster until finally lunch came and they all met up. This time they got to leave right after fourth period because it was an early out.

"Why don't we all eat togther?" Mary asked. Mostly because she wanted to spend more time with Reese.

"Ok but we don't have supplies so me and Liam will go get them while you and Reese set thing up." Nikki said. Everyone agreed and left. Reese and Mary didn't take long to set the table. They talk about eachothers life before high school. Reese paying attention to everyword coming out off Marys mouth.

"Have you ever done this?" Reese asked.

"Dated a girl?" Mary asked trying to make sense of what Reese was saying.

"Yeah."

"Yes." Mary said and looked at the floor. Reese could see the small hint of pain in her eyes. Mary's eyes spoke for her. A millon word were understood with that one look. Reese walked up behind her and wrapped her arms around Mary's waist.

"I won't hurt you I promise. And when you ready to talk about it I'm here." Reese spoke from her heart.
Twenty minutes later Nikki and Laim arrived with ingredients to make pizza. Everyone made their own mini pizza and ate it. The four teens had spend more time than planned cooking by the time Reese and Liam were going to leave it was snowing.

"Stay" Nikki offered.

"We shouldn't." Laim insisted.

"No stay." Mary said. "It's snowing out. We'll hot chocolate and watch a movie." they agreed and they all settle on who was sleeping where. As night ccme all the teenagers fell asleep in the living room. Nikki on the couch and the rest on the floor.

Around three in the moring Reese got up and gently lifted Mary's shirt up. She softly touched it and the bruise and made them disappear. Reese covered Mary again and went back to sleep herself.
When they all woke up in the morning they realized it was still snowing and they where snowed in. Laim and Reese prepared breakfast while Mary set the table.
"He's okay." Nikki said walking into the dining room.

"Where did her stay at?" Mary asked.

"Nate stayed with his girlfriend." With those word Mary was able to relax. Everyone ate their breakfast silently.
····
When Wednesday came Mary and Reese left for their date, leaving Liam and Nikki alone. Liam and Nikki had small conversation in between commercials of Switched at Birth. As Nikki was rambling on about how her family was rude Liam leaned in and kissed her. Nikki didn't react at first from the shock. Laim slowly pulled back.
"I'm so sorry." Laim said.

"No it's ok." Nikki assured him.

"I couldn't keep that in any longer. I've been dying to kiss you since we met." Nikki blush at his comment. For the rest of the night they remained silently watching the Switched at Birth marathon. As they layed there Liam thought of how easy his plan was turning out. How he wouldn't have to work that hard to take his child.