Chapter 3

When the morning came Nikki and her family got ready they were off to church. Roger had Father Peter photos last night of the marks that were on Nikki. He did not know what they meant but Roger wanted to protect his family and be prepared for everything but if he was being honest he had no idea what to expect when they spoke Father Peter.

"Roger, Rebecca how is she this morning?" Father Peter asked, taking in Nikki's image. From his perspective, the girl looked fine she didn't seem to be in pain or uncomfortable in any way. Father Peter expected Nikki to be in some type of pain based on the photos he saw.

"She doesn't seem to be bother by them. It's like they don't even hurt." Rodger told the priest. Father Peter nodded. It wasn't the first thing something like this had happened in the small town but he wanted to have all the information before coming to any conclusions. 

"May I see her markings?"

"Of course Father." Nikki lifted her shirt and stared at the father curiously. She had been paying attention to everything that the adults were doing but she did not get why they were so worried. Her friend had let her know that the marks were only important to make sure that she could be friends with him in the future. 

"Nikki how did you get this." The Father asked the little girl.

"My friend said he's preparing me for the future." Nikki decided to answer with the truth seeing no harm in it. The adults on the other hand were not please with what they heard.

"What future is that Nikki?" Father Peter questioned. He wanted all the details possible. He wanted a clear picture of the whole situation before talking to Roger and Rebecca about the possibility of their daughter's 'friend' being a demon or some type of evil spirit. 

"To be the dark queen and to have his baby." Nikki's eyes turned pitch black as she spoke this words. After she finished she collapsed.

Father Peter looked over to the teriffied parents. He asked for thier premission to try a quick exorcism and the permission was granted to him. He went to get holy water. He drew a cross with the water on Nikki's forehead, and said a silent prayer in Latin. 

"In the name of the father, the son and the holy spirit." Father Peter said giving Nikki a blessing. Her also asked her parents to do a quick prayer with him, just incase the girl needed a little extra prayer for her.

"She should be fine now. Bring her back if anything else happens."

"We will Father." Rebecca said, as they got in the car with an unconscious Nikki. Before they drove off Nikki began to shake violently. Rebecca kept the girl still, holding her head to make sure that Nikki did not hurt herself durung the seizure. Rebecca told her husband to drive to the emergency room and he did. He drove as fast as he could.

When they arrived to the hospital they rushed in. Nikki was still having a sezuire and her parent knew that wasn't good. The nurses rushed to them and took the Nikki away. 

"We will update you as soon as we can." One of the nurses told them.

After what seemed like forever Roger and Rebecca finally got some news about Nikki. "Mr. and Mrs. Adams. It seems that your daughter Nikki suffered a epileptic sezuire. Due to the sezuire lasting the time it did it caused her to fall into a coma." The doctor informed them. "We hope that this coma will let her brain heal we hope soon she will wake up." Rebecca held onto her husband as she sobbed. She could not lose another kid. 

"Do you know when she will wake up?" Rebecca managed to ask in between the sobs.

"We don't know exactly when, but we have a hope that she will for now we will monitor her closely, if we see no changed in a week we can talk about any choices you or your husband want to make." 

"What do you mean?" Rebecca was confused what would they have to be choosing.

"If she doesn't wake up, you and your husband will have to decided if you want you daughter to remain on the life support or if we are to disconnect her." 

"I will not disconnect my daughter!" Roger shouted to the doctor. The doctor excused himself. He could tell that Roger was upset. He asked a nurse to take the Adams to Nikki's room. 

Nikki's parents walked into her room and again Rebecca sobbed. It devastated her to see her daughter hooked up to a machine that was breathing for her. Rebecca wanted to switch place with the child. She would give anything to hear Nikki laugh, even cry. She just wanted to girl to be well and breathing on her own. 

The first couple of days Rebecca and Roger were hopefully. They expected to walk into the hospital room and see their daughter alive and well. They thought that she would just be awake waiting for them to take her home. Eventually, after a couple of month the hopes they had began to dim little by little. They began to lose hope that she would wake up. 

They stopped visiting every day and eventually Roger stopped going. Rebecca would go by herself once a month. She would talk to her daughter and tell her about what was going on in their life. Rebecca couldn't help but end her visit in the same way every time. Rebecca would sob her eyes out, it killed her that her daughter was still in the coma.