Chapter Two

Jack's POV

"What did she say?" I asked Alex as we left the classroom.

"She said sure, Jacky. Happy?"

I smiled, feeling relieved. "Very."

"Well," he said, "she doesn't know who we are, so it will be extremely awkward after school today."

I stopped him, pulling him to the wall. "What? What do you mean she doesn't know who we are?"

He shrugged. "She was a bit confused when I asked her, then asked what my name was. It was scary, Jacky. I almost peed myself."

I rolled my eyes, hitting him playfully.

Our friend Rian came over, bumping fists with Alex.

"What's up? We practicing after school today at your house, Lex?"

Alex shook his head. "No. Barakat's an asshole. He has 'stuff,' to do." He finished with sticking his tongue out at me. I responded by sticking mine back out at him.

Rian laughed, heading off in the other direction for his class. "I'll text Zack and let him know!" He called back before disappearing.

Alex put his hand on my shoulder and stopped me when I started walking. "Want to ditch? Im hungry and don't feel like school right now."

I thought about. "Yeah, I could really use a burrito right now."

"You and your stupid burritos, Jack! God damn you! I can't live under these conditions! Step away, lowly peasant!" He burst in a British accent. I laughed at him.

"Your accent sucked right there."

He pouted. "Hey! It's been a while since I've lived there, give me a break!"

We laughed. "So, burritos?" He asked. I nodded.

We got our burritos then snuck back into the school during lunch, sitting down at our usual table with Rian and Zack. Zack was flexing his biceps in front of Rian's face, who looked extremely weirded out when we sat down across from them.

"Nice muscles," Alex mocked Zack, who raised an eyebrow.

"Right back at ya, twig."

"Jack, how's your little crush doing?" Rian said, changing the subject when Alex starting flexing and doing ridiculous poses. My face reddened when he said it, and I shrugged.

"Fine..." I mumbled.

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Because Alex texted me and informed me that she was coming to watch us practice on Friday night."

I shrugged again. "Yeah, maybe, I guess she might come..."

"I think it's just adorable!" Zack chimed in. "Just don't bring alcohol. Especially not champagne. You know how Alex gets..."

We all looked at Alex, who was busy eating Zack's burger. "What?" He asked, swallowing.

"Nothing, Lex, go back to your food," Zack said, patting him reassuringly on the back.

"So Eleanor-she knows where Alex lives?"

Alex quit eating to answer this one. "Nope! She didn't even know our names!"

"Figures," Rian said.

Now I was confused. "What?"

He shrugged. "She's pretty quiet, no one really talks to her ever I noticed. I have third period with her, and the teacher never calls on her or anything. No kids rush to be partners with her if its a group project, she's always just sitting alone in the back, staring up front or out the window."

"Wow," Zack said, and Alex nodded. "For someone that quiet...I can't believe you would have the hots for someone like that, Jack."

"Hey!" I said in mock offense. "I'm not THAT obnoxious."

"Yes you are," Alex said. "By the way...you have burrito breath." He then took another bite of the burger in front of him.