Chapter Fourteen

Jack's POV

Rian hung up the phone and shook his head at me and Alex. "Do you guys want to be alone forever?"

Alex shurgged. "No, but she understands us. She'll appreciate us. Unlike you."

Rian rolled his eyes. I asked him an important question. "So Eleanor's bringing a friend? It isn't her boyfriend, is it?"

He shrugged. "I doubt it. If she had a boyfriend, don't you think we'd have known that by now? I think its just a friend."

"Okay." I decided to let it drop and quit thinking about it. Alex got up from his spot on the garage floor and grabbed a soda out of the mini fridge. I held out my hand, and he grabbed a second and tossed it to me.

A car pulled up outside, and Zack hopped out, twirling his keys in his hands.

"Hey guys," He said, sprawling out on his stomach. He laid his head on his arms and stayed silent.

Alex nudged him with his foot. "What's up?"

"Tired," Zack mumbled.

We quit trying to make conversation with him and let him lay there.

After a while we started to get bored of just sitting, and I was a little bit hungry.

"We should hire a tour manager after graduation. I think we need one," Zack said finally, lifting his head up from the concrete floor.

"I agree, Alex said. "I mean, none of us are planning on going to college, we're going to try and get as many shows in as possible, we're gone for six months as soon as summer starts...And we eventually won't be able keep things sorted ourselves."

I nodded. "Let's further discuss this over burritos." I stood up and streatched my long arms.

Rian got up with me. "I like that plan."

After we had returned from the best place on earth, Taco Bell, we found ourselves lazing around in the garage again.

Rian's phone buzzed and he smile as he read the text. "Cassadee's on her way, she'll be here in a few minutes."

We all replied with grunts and Alex gave a little hooray. I looked at my phone after a while and noticed that we had spent the whole day doing nothing. I got up and got my white guitar from the other side of the room and sat back down on a stool, playing the chorus to Dear Maria Count Me In.

Alex started humming under his breath and we sat there playing through the whole song. it was pretty crappy sounding, but good enough.

A silver car pulled up outside on the curb and Rian's girlfriend Cassadee got out. Her brown hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and she sat down next to Rian.

"Hey guys," She said, smiling. "What's up?"

"We're waiting for Jack's love interest to show up then we're gonna practice. You gonna stick around?"

Cassadee grinned over at me. "Ooh, does this love interest happen to be Eleanor, whom I've heard so much about?"

I glared at Rian, and he looked at the ground sheepishly.

"Yeah, it is. But she doesn't know, so can we please not talk about it?"

"Alright..." She said, turning to Alex. "What's up with you, Mr. Romance? Any special lady you've got your eyes on?"

Alex's face turned red with embarrassment. Out of all of us, he was probably the most romantic, and probably deserved to have a girlfriend. "No..."

No one pestered him any longer. He used to date, but he fell out of it after some stuff happened in his family.

"Zack?"

We all turned to Zack. He was sound asleep on the floor.

"We assumed he just spent a lot of time working out this morning. Came over half dead and tired as hell," Rian explained.

I kicked him lightly with my foot. Instead of waking up he groaned loudly and turned over onto his other side. I laughed, leaving him be.

-

Author's Note

Hey guys! So, so, SO sorry about not updating in a long time. I've just been busy with stuff and taking advantage of the fact that it's SUMMER! But I'll hopefully have more time to update now and will try to do so as often as I can.

On a side note, HOLY COW! I came on here and Weightless has over 1,000 reads and it makes me feel so special even though I really don't deserve it, so thank you so much!

Love you,

-LostSmile