Chapter Thirteen

Eleanor's POV

I opened my eyes groggily. The doorbell had rung three times, and I realised that neither Bill nor my mother were home so I had to get up to answer it.

The school week had passed by more quickly than usual, probably beause I actually had somethng to look forward to now. I had the guys to hang out with and then of course Juliet's dad would be dropping her off on the weekend.

The doorbell rang again.

My eyes shot open and I nearly fell face first down the steps as I realised hat it was Saturday morning. I flung myself around the corner and swung the door open. A pair of blue eyes met mine, and I was engulfed in a bone-crushing hug.

"Eleanor! I've missed you so much, I can't believe it's been a whole year since the last time we saw each other!"

I grinned, taking a step back. "I missed you too! Bring your stuff upstairs to my room."

Juliet grabbed her bag and followed me back up the steps. She dropped her bag then sat down in my swivel chair. I sat on the bag.

"Alright, you have two weeks to get me re-Baltimored. Catch me up!" She said, looking at me expectantly.

"Catch you up on what? Everything's practically the same as last time I visited you!"

"Well, " she said. "How's school? Any drama? Any boys?"

"School's...the same," I shrugged. "There is drama, it wouldn't be high school without it, but it doesn't have anything to do with me. Boys?"

"Boys, yes! Do you have a boyfriend? Ooh, does he have a friend? Or a twin?"

I laughed. "No boyfriend. I do have a couple guyfriends now, I guess."

My phone started ringing, and I answered it. Juliet started spinning in the chair.

"Hello?"

"Eleanor? Hey, this is Rian. Jack gave me your number."

"Oh, hey. Why did you call?"

"We were going to have practice tonight and wanted to know if you could come."

I glanced at Juliet, who was now going through the stack of CDs on my desk. "Of course I want to. Could I bring a friend?"

"A friend? Uh, yeah sure! Bring whoever you want," Rian said.

"A FRIEND?" A voice called in the background. I recognized it as Alex. "NO BOYFRIENDS ALLOWED, ELEANOR. RIAN IS THE ONLY BOYFRIEND ALLOWED."

"Oh god," Rian said. "Shut up, 'Lex."

"HI ELEANOR!" It was Jack this time. "ME AND ALEX HAVE A PRESENT FOR YOU! GUESS WHAT IT IS? ITS NOT A HUG, THAT'S FOR SURE. JUST REMEMBER-ITS NOT A HUG. OKAY?"

I laughed. Rian groaned on the other end. "I have to go, see you tonight at around six? Its at Alex's house again."

"Yeah, we'll be there. See you later."

"Who was that?" Juliet asked when I hung up. "I heard the word boyfriend."

I shook my head. "I don't have boyfriend! It was my friend Rian. He wanted to know if we could go to their band practice later, and I told him we would."

"Awesome!"

I nodded. "Yeah, you'll like them. So now you have to catch me up. How's New York?"

"Meh...New York is New York, and that's about it. I really miss it here."

"Well now you might move back though!" She nodded. "How about you? Do you have a boyfriend?"

She shrugged, turning back to the CDs. "There was someone for a while, but it didn't work out. Let me just say this: Beware douche bags, Eleanor."

"Note taken," I joked.

"Who's this?" She was holding up the All Time Low CD Jack dropped off the other day.

"That's who we're going to listen to tonight."

"They any good?" She asked, reading the back.

"Yeah, they're awesome. I never knew who they were before I started hanging out with them, but they're already famous for it."

"So you're friends with famous people?" She asked, smiling.

"Yeah, I guess so..."

"Awesome."

___

AN

This is a crappy chapter, sorry. I had it written but it all got deleted :(

There's no excuses, though. It was my own fault because I forgot to save it.