War - Henson King

The alarm on my phone awoke me. I lazily reached over to turn it off. When I glanced at the time whilst to turn my alarm off, I jumped up out bed.

"Shit!" I cursed . "I'm late!"

I jumped up and glanced around the room. I pulled on my jeans, slipped on my shoes and snatched up my phone.

I ran toward the door and pulled it open. Standing in my way, blocking me was Jessica.

"Move, I'm late for work! It's 7:14!"

"Chill, I already called Tim. I told him you'd be missing work today."

"Oh." I glanced behind her. "Am I still at the pack house?"

"Yea, you and the others were all so drunk last night that you just crashed here. Its hard moving all of you in and out of a car much less driving all of you."

Now that she mentioned me being drunk, I could feel the dull throb of a headache. I placed two fingers to my temple. "Now that you mention it, My head is throbbing. You have any aspirin or something?"

She jerked her thumb behind her. "Yea, I asked Lee to bring you up something." A large smile spread across her face. Jessica grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bed. "Sit."

"What?"

"Speaking of Lee...you two seemed to be getting along well last night.."

I rolled my eyes, which only proved to aggravate my headache. "I had a few drinks Jess and I felt like dancing. We danced together that's it."

Jessica seemed to be looking behind me. "Lee." She mumbled.

I turned and looked to see Lee standing there. He had a somewhat hurt look on his face. "I brought his water, and the aspirin." He walked over and handed to me afterwards he gave a small smile before quickly leaving.

"Tsk, Tsk." I turned to Jess, she was shaking her head. "There you go again, breaking hearts left and right."

I took the aspirin and washed it down with water before putting the cup on the table next to the bed.

"What?...I...Urgh!" I groaned throwing my hands into the air. "I didn't mean t hurt him but I have no feeling for him. I was just dancing with him that night."

"Whatever, Heart crusher."

"What...Jessica." I whined.

"#DreamCrusher."

I rolled my eyes. "You forever make me seem like the bad guy Jess."

I heard loud, thumping footsteps coming our way. Beta Scott came running . "Luna, The Blood Moon pack is attacking and Alpha Kevin is nowhere to be found."

"What!" Jess ran her hand through her hair. "Gather all the war wolves at the border and try to prevent the Blood Moon Pack from getting any closer to the pack house."

"Got it!" He turned and ran I could hear him barking orders. Jess turned to me a panicked look on her face. "Henson, Babe, I need you to do something for me."

"What is it?"

"Gather all the Mothers, Children and pregnant women and lead them to the safe room in the basement."

"Ok." I turned and ran out the door. As I was running and barking orders over all the ruckus something ran through my mind.

They said the Blood Moon Pack was attacking.

The Alpha of that Pack is...Alex.

---------

I stood by the Iron door with my ear pressed against it. All the women and children stared at me patiently.

"Is everything alright up there now?" asked Mama Louise, she was like the pack mother she never had any kids of her own but she loved children just the same.

I didn't hear any noise coming from outside.

"I think it might be safe but we should wait here until Beta Scott comes and gives us the all clear.

I stepped away from the door when suddenly there was a loud bang on the door. We all stared at the door expectantly.

Little Amy started sniffling as if she was going to cry. I picked her up in my arms and held her. "Shh." I rocked her while keeping my gaze focused on the door.

There was a another loud bang before the door flew off its hinges and landed in front of us. Standing in the door way was a Large White Wolf. He snarled at everyone in the room causing Amy to whimper and bury her head in my chest.

"It's okay." I said rubbing her head.

His looked around the room the snarl ever present on his face until his eyes landed on me. The snarl on his face then disappeared.

He slowly walked in my direction, while I backed up. "Get back, you..you evil beast."

He stopped, his eyes seemed sad and he whimpered. Then the flicker of Sadness was gone and he was angry again. I slowly started to back away again in case he charged at me whilst I was holding Amy.

I then noticed Marcia, Beta Scott's mate, holding a large pipe. I had no time to question where she got it., I had to hold his attention so he doesn't notice her. I stood still as she slowly snuck up on him.

When she was close enough Marcia swung the pipe and it hit the wolf in the back of his head knocking him out. Once he was down all the women and children started pouring out of the room. I handed Amy to Mama Louise, who left afterwards. I was left alone in the room with the white wolf.

The closer I got the more I realized that he was shifting back to his human form. Before I had time to see who it was Kevin, Jessica and Scott rushed into the room, followed by a few war wolves.

"Get him some clothes, and lock him up in the prison along with the other pack members he attacked us with!"

"Yes Alpha!"

The man was snatched up and taken outside, the whole time I was trying to see who that man was.

Jessica stepped toward me. "Henson, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Jess."

Jessica hugged me really tight. "Thank god, I don't know what I'd do without you."

When she stepped back out of the hug I noticed something. "Oh my gosh, Jessica! you're arm it's bleeding really bad."

She turned her head, to look at the wound when she suddenly fainted.

I caught her as she fell. "Jess! Jess!"

Kevin came running over and took her from her.

"Call the Pack Doctor!"

------------------------

A/N - Author's Note

Thanks for reading!

How you enjoyed it! Leave a comment or Vote for the chapter to show how much you like it.