Getting to know you- Henson King

[Four Months later]

It's been four months since I met Alex. Apart from the first meeting when he appeared to be arrogant he's actually quite nice and romantic. I know I always aid I didn't want to be in a relationship but I didn't just jump into one with him.

I learned to trust him first and we built from there, but what I had with him I wouldn't consider it a relationship.

I think Alex does though, speaking of him. He should be here in Five seconds.

Five,

Four

Three

Two

One.. the door flew open and in stepped Alex. "Hey, Babe." He jumped onto my bed and planted a kiss on my cheek. Then laid down on top of me

"Alex, go away It's hot and you're heavy."

"Fine"

"Why are you here?'

"I wanted to see you."

"Alex, I gave you the key to my apartment for emergencies."

"But.."

"No buts."

Alex slowly got up off the bed.

"Alex, what's wrong?"

"I love you and I don't think you really understand that."

"Alex we already discussed this..."

"No we are discussing it now!" He turned to me this time he was angry. "I'm sick and tired of showing you how much I love you only to be brushed off or ignored!" He placed a hand on his chest. "It hurts me, you know! My heart pains me every time I see you smiling and being all flirty with that Lee guy but the minute your with me you start brushing me off, it hurts!"

I just sat there in the silence. I mean what do you say to that? I've never had anyone pour their heart out to me like that before.

Alex sighed. "As usual you have nothing to say."

He turned to leave. "Alex." I reached out to touch him. He slapped my hand away from him.

  "Stop, I want to be alone."   Then left slamming the door.

I sat in the silence after he left.  I knew that maybe I didn't like me like that but that doesn't mean I should treat him this bad. I didn't know how bad it was affecting him until he told me.

The door burst open. "Alex, I."

"Alex,? Did you guys have a fight?" I looked up and saw who it was

"Oh, no we uhh...never mind. Hey Jessica."

She slowly walked over to me and sat next to me in bed. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I cleared my throat and turned to face her. "So, Kevin told me you went for a check up at the doctor. Did you find out the gender."

"I did." She had her head down.

"Jess, is something wrong?"

"It's a boy." She fake sobbed.

"What? That's why you're crying? You nearly gave me a heart attack, I thought something was wrong with the baby."

"I thought it was a girl all the four months and now it turned out to be a boy." She pouted and gently rubbed her baby bump.

"Don't worry, you can always try again for a girl."

"That's true."

"See, but that's great, and you owe me forty bucks."

"What, why?"

"We made a bet in college about what gender you'd have first. I said boy and you said girl, the bet was forty bucks, so pay up."

She reached into her bag and pulled out her purse, glaring at me as she pulled out the money and placed it in my hand.

"Thank you.." I said, putting the money in my pocket.

"Curse you."

"You were the one going and making bets."

"Whatever, I'm hungry. Want to go for pizza."

"Yes, if you don't eat all the pizza before I can get a slice."

Jessica stood up and started out the door.  "What I'm a hungry pregnant woman, I have to eat."

I rolled my eyes. "Wait up."

For right now, I'll stop thinking about Alex.

----------

"You're just a dirty faggot aren't you? " Spat Mike. He slammed me across my face.

"Mike, please stop, I didn't do anything." I said, backing away from him.

"You didn't have to do anything, Gus told me everything."

I thought for a minute. "Babe, He's lying. What ever he said he's lying I didn't do anything" He slapped me again.

"Stop, lying to me Asshole!" He grunted.

He pulled me by my hair and threw my against the wall.  I got up and tried to crawl away but he kicked me and I fell back to the ground.

"Mikey, please... I only love you."  I laid on my side and looked up at him.

"Stop lying to me, you Bitch!" He gave me another kick to the stomach. I cried out in pain the tears running down my face and into the carpet.

"You are nothing, you're worthless and full of shit." He pulled me up by my hair until I was standing on my feet. He moved his hand and slapped me across my face.

I tried to back away when I realized I was heading towards the stairs. I turned and looked back only to feel myself being pushed. "I hope you die falling down those stairs." I heard faintly before the ground got closer and closer to my face.

-----

I jumped up out of my sleep. My forehead was lined with sweat. I sat up in my bed. The door opened, and I heard people rush in but my head was down and I eyes were filled with tears so I didn't see who.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I screamed and moved away from the person. "Mike, I'll be good. I swear, I disobey you again. Please don't hit me. I'm sorry."

"Henson.."

"I'm sorry! Please don't hit me."

"Henson, it's me Jessica, I'm not going to hit you."

I wiped my tears and saw her concerned look. I didn't day anything I just hugged her as best as I could.

"I can't do it Jess. Alex, is so nice to me but I can't do it. Every time I see him, talk to him, touch him, he reminds me of Mike. They look so much alike. I can't do anything with Alex without being reminded of the abuse I endured with Mike."

"Wait, he hit you? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I couldn't. I would have out you in danger and he threatened to kill you and me If I said anything."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know about you're trauma but here I was forcing you into relationships." I gently caressed my head. "I'm so sorry, you had to go through that."

I shook my head and kept crying on her shoulder.

I tried but I just couldn't. I'm sorry Alex.

=============

A/N -Author'S Note

Hello Thanks for reading. I made this chapter kind of sad to  explain why Henson doesn't like relationships.

Remember to comment and vote to show how much you liked the chapter.