20 → "RESCUE MISSION"

20 "RESCUE MISSION"

THE MOMENT SHE'D reached the street sign, was the moment she bumped straight into him. Aris grabbed hold of her arms before she could tumble to the ground. Heart thumping in her rib cage, breathing ragged, she felt relief flood through her. He was okay. Adeline shoved Aris slightly in frustration, making him stumble a little. Adeline wanted to scream at Aris, but at the same time she wanted to hug him. He was okay. Still looked the like the same exhausted and sun sick Aris.

"Oh my god, you stupid shuck face!" She cried. In a blink of an eye, she wrapped her arms around his torso to pull him in for a relieved hug. It was foreign but at the same time it felt familiar. Hesitantly, Aris wrapped his arms around her back before Adeline pulled back. The strange hug of affection left both of the siblings standing there awkwardly, the others watching from a distance. Shock was plastered on Aris' face.

"I just went to find a front door. I didn't mean to make you worry, I swear it." Adeline shook her head.

"Don't do that again, good that?" Aris nodded, before Adeline went to join the others. Aris followed behind.

The six of them wondered back towards the camp. As they'd arrived back, the Gladers were waiting for them. As soon as one of the Gladers noticed, questions arose around them.

"Did you find them?"

"What took you all so long?"

"Shuck it!" He snapped. "Listen up, thanks to Frypan we know their whereabouts. There's only one problem though."

"What is it Minho?" Someone called out. Minho threw them a look of annoyance.

"I was just getting to that." Minho rolled his eyes. "Anyway, they've been held captive by a number of Cranks. Which means if we want to save their butts we're gonna need a good plan to ambush them. We have weapons, but there appeared to be a few more Cranks, meaning we're sort of outnumbered. But let's not let numbers stop us, so let's plan our ambush. Good that?"

Gladers muttered "yes" before the group of Gladers and Jorge started to come up with a plan. Adeline listened in as Gladers' came up with suggestions.

"Why don't we just rescue them while the Cranks are a sleep?" Someone suggested.

"Or we just crash their little Crank party." Someone else suggested. Frypan shook his head.

"One of the Cranks has a gun. A gun over powers a knife any day." Frypan replied. Suggestions were being thrown around, each Glader trying to call out plans. By the end of it, Adeline's head pounded.