→ ORDERING OF THE MAZE TRIALS SERIES

Solar Flares is the prequel book; it precedes the events of The Maze Trials, The Scorch & The Flare & loosely follows The Fever Code. You may start the series from either Solar Flares or from The Maze Trials.

The Maze Trials is book one; it succeeds the events of Solar Flares & precedes the events of The Scorch & The Flare. Follows the events of The Maze Runner book. You may start the series from either Solar Flares or from The Maze Trials.

The Scorch is book 2; it succeeds the events of The Maze Trials & precedes the events of The Flare. Follows the events of The Scorch Trials book.

The Flare is book 3; it succeeds the events of The Scorch and wraps up the book universe. Follows the events of the The Death Cure book.

Variables is an AU (Alternative Universe) where Adeline is in Group B; it takes place in the middle of the events of The Maze Trials and continues through the events of The Scorch (but with many differences). Somewhat follows the events of The Maze Runner book & follows The Scorch Trials book.

Wicked Game is a prequel of Wastelands, and is set in the Movie Universe; it precedes the events of Wastelands and is loosely based off of the Maze Runner Origins comic.

Wastelands is set in the events of The Maze Runner movies; succeeds the events of Wicked Game.