Chapter 2

Aghanya's POV:

"Aghanya didi!"

A small voice chime. I looked around to see Diya calling me. Walking upto her I examined her drawing. It was mostly scribbles but I could make out a figure of a little girl holding hands with a figure of a women.

"Dish is me and dish is you!" She pointed to the figures.

"Wow Diya! This is such a pretty drawing." Once I said it, her eyes lit up like the night of Diwali. Her face graced with a smile and she stood on her tip toes and kissed my cheek.

After that, I checked on the drawings of other children. I smiled at the sight. I loved children. Children were the only good thing in the entire world. But the thought of all these children not having parents killed me inside.

They were all orphans. I helped out at this orphanage every weekend. Friends was something that I lacked. All the girls of my age and status always wanted to party and shop around. They lived in their own cocoon of their made up perfect world. They refused to see the miseries outside their comfort. I never liked that.

Infact, my mom hates me that I'm not a socialite like her. I wanted to do something for the society, something for the world but my parents dis agreed. They thought that business should be ruthless and you shouldn't share your proceeds with anyone else.

I walked out of the orphanage and waved at the kids. Getting in the car, I waved back at them again.

"How was your day, Ramu kaka?" I asked my driver. He was a kind man.

"Just like everyday, beti. How was your day?"

I replied, "My day was actually nice kaka, How is everyone at home?"

"They're all good. Your kaki wants you to visit again for dinner." He said smiling.

I remembered Sugundha Kaki, she was a nice lady. She treated me like a second daughter.

"I will kaka, sometime soon."

We arrived at my house. Or you can call it a mansion. I walked inside and quickly climbed the stairs to go to my room, avoiding my mother.

"Aghanya!" She called out. I let out a curse and went inside the drawing room where she was seated.

"Aghanya, come sit down." My dad said, seated beside mom. I sat down on the couch opposite to them. My mother checked out what I was wearing and shook her head in disappointment. I looked down to my attire. A kurta and a jeans, what was wrong with that?

"Aghanya... there's this boy..." My father started. I knew where this was going. My parents always tried to push me towards bachelors for marriage. They would agree to court me after my father's proposal to them but once they saw me, they'd reject me.

I wasn't beautiful, I was aware of that. I was just plain rich and no body wanted a plain rich girl except for the money of course. A year back my father tried to pay one of the bachelors to marry me by promising him half of his riches, as soon as I came to know about it, I made dad promise me that he'd never do it again.

I didn't want a guy to marry me because of my riches. I wanted someone who loves me. But it was nearly impossible, unattractive people don't deserve love. I want a guy who atleast respects me and isn't after my riches.