Chapter 9

A/N: Vote and Comment.

***

  "Aghanya, you have to talk so that I know."

  She kept quiet and stared at her nails. She didn't want to talk. She had lost the will to live. Everyday she hoped the cut on her wrist had killed her instead. Waiting for someone every minute of the day was exhausting. She knew he wouldn't come. His parents made an excuse that he was on a business trip in Africa. He was MIA since that night. Six months had passed, not a text, not a call.

    That's why she refused to talk. She ran her hand through her hair. She had cut it shorter - her break up decision. She smiled at the psychiatrist. He was very patient. He was her age, Dhruv Kapadia.

  "I don't know.... Don't smile!" He restrained himself from smiling too. "I would love to hear your voice, you know?" He said closing his notepad.

  She cocked an eyebrow. She knew it was a trick. She was here since 6 months and she knew all the tricks he played. She had dodged all of it.

"Come on, it's your last day. Then you're free to go. Atleast talk to me today. No?"

She nodded her head sideways indicating no. It was amusing watching him coax her. How was he even a "successful" psychiatrist? The clock then struck 10 indicating, her time with him was over.

  "Fine...." He sighed. "You win, again." He said standing up. She stood up too and shook his hands with a cocky smile. "But!" He held her hand. "Let me treat you."

"Sure!" She spoke her first word.

He looked surprised. "Ofcourse you speak now. I was beginning to think I was not a good persuader." He smiled and walked beside her.

"How are you a good persuader?" She scoffed.

"Well, I did persuade you for a date, didn't I?" He laughed and ran forward to opened her car door.

"Yeah sure, Doc. Whatever lets you sleeps at night." She said and entered the car. He locked the car door behind her and signed call me across her glass window. She gave a thumbs up and waved at him.

Once she reached her penthouse. It was hers. She had moved out after a week from her parent's house. She couldn't stand to be in the same space with her mother. Opening a bottle of water she stared her reflection on the fridge door. She looked so different. And it amazed her, how people had started treating her differently too.

She looked at her ring. The engagement was still on. Or they made her think that. Where was her fiancé when Varun hit her? Where was he when she was in the hospital? Where was he when she considered really taking her life? She had went through all of it by herself. She didn't need him anymore. She took a deep breath and slid the ring out of her finger. She put it in an envelope and wrote a note telling, the engagement was over. She then gave the driver the envelope and told him to deliver it to Mr. Raizyada.

***

  "Viren!" Viren though he had heard his father's voice. He though he had misunderstood. His father could never be here. "Viren!" He turned to the voice to see his father fumbling on the sand towards him. He stood up to meet his very red father.

  "You are coming to India! Right now!" He said fuming.

"And leave Bora Bora? And the amazing sun and the amazing women?" He winked at a girl passing by.