Chapter 15

Aghanya went to kitchen to wash the dishes when her phone vibrated in her pocket. She almost dropped it when she saw the caller id. It almost shocked her to see that name after months. She had almost forgotten about him, almost being the crucial word. Though she wondered about him everyday.

         Last she knew he had eloped from his own marriage the consequences of which - Rhea's family and hers had broken off ties.

The caller ID blinked again, the phone's vibration nagging her to pick it up. It blinked in white bold letters.

VARUN

She sighed and picked it up. Well, Viren was still entertaining his ex, so can she. But Viren's ex did not molest her and slashes his wrist. Her inner voice badgered her. But it was done, she had already picked up the call.

'Hello?' His wavering voice reached her eyes. She couldn't believe it was his voice, his voice was devoid of his oozing charisma and self confidence.

'What do want?' She snapped at him,

'Aghanya...' She sighed when she heard her name. 'How are you?'

'Oh fine! All the bruises you gave me have actually healed!' She said sarcastically.

'I'm sorry. I'm terrible sorry, Aghanya. Can you meet now?' He begged.

'Oh why? So you can actually kill me or worse take advantage of me this time?'

'No. No. God No! Please Aghanya, please let us talk. Come to Marine Drive. It's a very public place. If you can't trust me, I wouldn't be able to do nothing. Please...'

'Okay.' She didn't even know why she said that. She did not want to meet him but she was curious, curious about how he was, had he changed. You're crazy! Her mind yelled. Whatever! She shrugged it off. Grabbing her car keys she made for the door as his voice stopped her.

        "Where are you going?"

    Shit! She cursed. She had totally forgot about him. Without turning she answered,  "Somewhere." She quickly made it out of the door but she heard her door swing open as he followed.

         "I'll drive you." It was a statement. Not a question or request. And rightly so, he had drove her. Along the vast stretch of marine lines, she saw him. He was standing there, his hair whipping in the wind. She didn't know why but her gut told her to make most of it. She told Viren to stop the car and got out walked over to him.

        ***

   He watched her walk towards the man standing watching the sea. He looked closer and growled. It was that bastard- Varun. Before he could get out of the car, she whipped around and walked back towards him inside the car.

         "Stay here. Don't come out." She stated very dryly.

  Well ofcourse she said that! Wouldn't want anyone to disturb the lover's privacy. He thought angrily. Not even her husband. And the same place where she had almost kissed him on their wedding night which was yesterday. Wow! Aghanya Jha Raizada what an amazing talent she held. He thought sarcastically.

        After ten minutes of talking to each other, he held her hand in both of his hands. "That bastard!" He gritted his teeth and looked away to calm down his anger. And in an instant Aghanya opened the car door and sat beside him in the front. The door clicked open again and in the rear passenger seat sat Varun. He glared at him and spat, "What the hell are you doing in this car?"