Chapter 14

"Call me asap. Everyone's freaking out! "

Viren sent the message quickly. The most frustrating thing was that she wasn't even reading them. He had no idea where she was or what she was doing. He had woken up alone in an empty bed. He guessed she was somewhere inside the house but no, she wasn't. Pacing back and forth, he made up excuses to his step mother. She was literally nagging him about where his newly wed wife was.

Apparently they had few rituals to complete and she was nowhere to be found. Her step mom's friends were teasing her which she apparently took as an insult.

"Where is she Viren? Have you called her!" There she was nagging him again.

"I don't know okay! She has her phone switched off, she must be busy. Why don't you just carry on with the guests? I have work to do too."

He snapped at her and disappeared to his room. He looked at his wrist watch, it was four in the afternoon. He had a very important meeting with one of the shareholders at six. Sighing, he decided to get ready for it.

***

       Viren sighed exhausted. He dropped his hand to his palms. Even after his rigorous convincing for two hours, they were not ready to invest. The whole meeting was a big failure. He felt his mood go down as he heard a cacophony of laughter. He turned his head to the source to see her. Aghanya Jha Raizada. He frowned his eye brows wondering what she was doing her. He couldn't see who she was with, all he could see was the back of a male.

       He tightened his jaw in jealousy. He had been trying to reach her like a mad person and she was right there. Getting up he straightened his cuffs and walked to her. As soon as she acknowledged his presence, he watched her expression drop a total hundred and eighty degree.

     "What are you doing here?" He asked her trying to keep his cool as much as he could.

"What would someone do at a coffeeshop?" She snapped. His eyes fell on the person she was with. Dhruv smiled at him awkwardly. He just glared at him, just what was going on with both of them? First, at her apartment and now.

"I've been calling and texting you all day. Couldn't you just for hells sake just left a message or something?" He raised his voice, few heads turned towards them.

"Don't cause a scene here,Viren." She said through gritted teeth.

"I think I should leave Aghanya." Dhruv said standing up and he gave a nod to him and left the cafe.

"Let's go." He said sternly.

"No. I have to go back to my apartment." She cut him standing up too.

"Aghanya, I'm too tired to argue with you. Let us just go home for now."

"Exactly Viren. Let's go home. You to yours and me to mine." She walked away from him.

"Are you going to be like this? If you have forgotten, we got married yesterday...."

"And what? What is supposed to change if we got married? Does it change the fact that you literally duped me into thinking you were genuinely interested in me for money or how you ran away to Bora Bora with your girlfriend? Am I supposed to evolve into some sati savitri just because we got married? No, seriously, what did you even expect Viren? This is exactly how our marriage contract is going to pass. I have no interest in you and you have no interest in -"