Preface

How the boys look when using their powers. It's creepy a bit, but it's not how their eyes actually look.

My POV that will probably never be in this again, just a narrator

In Australia, you see nothing out of ordinary. Maybe you see most mundanes (people is what mundanes call themselves) having brown eyes and few stray colors. Take a closer look.

Deep in society are people who are "gifted." They have powers that set them apart. They usually have colored eyes, demonstrating that they have powers. Somehow ordinary people have those eye, but that is usually a freak thing from one of your ancestors being gifted. Poor you. Even worse, you're just average with a mutation. If your eyes are brown and you have powers, that's a pretty rare thing.

Let's take that boy over there reading a book in front of the library, with blonde hair, bright blue eyes and lanky legs. That's Luke. With his blue eyes, its obvious he's part of the Water tribe. Also the fact that he has a mark on his thumb that every member of that tribe is born with, a simple raindrop.

Even though he is different from the rest of society, he is different from the tribe as well. Somehow, he could control electricity. He could make a full on hurricane with his powers at his worst moments, making him very unstable. His emotions and moods easily swing into another.

Over there in that café across the street, you see that boy with the dyed hair and piercings and tattoos? Look closer, his eyes are green. He has that leaf mark on his thumb. That's Michael. He has the ability to control plants, allowing them to grow and flourish, even reviving the ones about to die. He can also control Earthly elements, such as rocks and dirt and all that. This and the plant powers make him part of the Earth or some say, Life tribe.

You see those potholes on the street? Typical Michael prank. Somebody probably messed with him. Don't worry, he will fix those. Wait, look he's doing it right now! You see, the pothole raised up and looks as good as new. Did you see his eyes, how they turned bright green as he used his powers? That's a dead giveaway he has them.

That's the first rule of the hidden society.

1)Never, EVER, use your powers in public where people can see. Mundanes can't know that some people are gifted. Plus, we don't want people to feel bad we can do stuff they can't. Who knows how they will react.

2) Don't share the secret of having your powers to somebody. If you have a trustworthy best friend, you may want to, but please don't. They can just blab our secret out. That takes so much work to cover up.

Now before I say three, let's just talk about something else. The Water and Earth tribes aren't very close. I'm not saying they hate each other, but they aren't best friends. They just exist.

Many have tried to be friends, but it's never worked out. You're welcome to try, but it's recommended not to. It's just going to end in hurt and nobody wants that to happen. But there is one thing that is a big no.

3)Never, ever, fall in love with one of the opposite tribe or you're in for a lot of heartbreak.

Hey guys so this is the start to Hurricane. I don't even have time for my other story (you guys should so read it, it's called Everything has Changed and you should find it on my profile). Updates will be on Saturdays and if I end up with not enough time to update, it will be every other Saturday. So no matter what, Saturday. Okay? If you don't see one next Saturday, expect one the next. Okay um, yeah that's it. I don't know if I will do Cashton, but yeah. That's it. Bye guys, see you Saturday