E⃟ P⃟ I⃟ L⃟ O⃟ G⃟ U⃟ E⃟

Mikaela's Point Of View

🅙🅤🅛🅨  ❶❾, ❷⓿❷❺

⠀⠀Dear Yuu-chan, it has been a slow ten years, hasn't it? Well, at least it has been for me. Throughout those many years, though, I haven't forgotten you. I haven't and never will forget the love of my life. I promise you, Yuu-chan, I have changed my psychotic ways and am finally acting like a normal human being. I went to a doctor whom I've been trying very hard with, and now I've done it.

I don't know if you'll come back to me. Somehow, after the long years of curing myself and waiting to get out of this Hell, I came to think about the reality of things and it most likely comes to the point that you won't return. God, I'm so stupid to think that after ten years you'd remember me or even worse, not forgive me. I've been completely stuck on the thought since ever. Many things have changed, but for one thing that hasn't is my unconditional love for you. I will always love you even if you don't return the gesture. God, I love you so much— it hurts.

⠀⠀Please forgive me, Yuu-chan

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela

I had just gotten out of prison that fine afternoon, myself scrambling to write the one note to Yuichiro, though I was sure he would never read it, care for it, nor would we ever again meet. Even if we had, I knew he would not forgive me for my horrible actions. After all, I did more than just the common kidnapping; I included torture ( physically and mentally ), suffering, murder— and for what?

I didn't even understand it myself, really.

Walking out the double doors, I found myself greeting a new living; freedom, sunlight that didn't just look like the same shining star as before, but more beautiful, and the beginning of a modified me. The skies were much bluer than I remembered it being, more clouds stretched the skies like cotton balls and I couldn't help but chuckle. It really did bring back memories. Good ones, the ones where I was with Yuichiro; where I was my normal, cheerful self.

Memories came flooding back of Yuichiro and I grazing at the clouds as we sprawled out upon the green grasses, careless of the itchiness it sent, gaze set on only what we could imagine was painted in the cobalt atmosphere. Yuichiro always saw something cute and positive, just like his little self, things like flowers, hearts, puppies, and once in a while he'd state he saw me. He'd point in the direction in which he saw and I'd only laugh, seeing nothing. Perhaps it was just the raven being adorable.

Then, a sudden pain rushed over me, hand reaching to hold at my chest. And suddenly, I began to wonder, "What have I done?"

There was no one to blame for the past's mistakes, but I, Mikaela Shindo. I thought over and over about what have I done and what could have possibly been so horrible it drove me to madness far worse than expected, so horrible it took Yoichi's life away, so horrible it risked the life of Yuichiro, his lover and the last person he'd want to hurt.

I recalled the agony that he weakly showed within those iridescent, emerald irises of his along with the hopeless cries of help's, stop's, and it-hurt's. Yuichiro looked so pathetic underneath my hold like the prey of a wolf's. I love him so goddamn much, I told myself as I stopped in the middle of the busy sidewalks, and yet I did that to him. Random people passed by, some sharing confused or irritated faces toward my likeliness at stopping in the center of a dense area, though I didn't care.