Chapter 1

"Good morning Mr. Styles," Edward, Harry's English professor, said as he walked into the class. Harry was, of course, early for the class. Harry was always early. Harry lived by the saying 'Being early is being on time, being on time is being late, and if you're late, you may as well just not show up.' 

"Good morning Edward, how is your husband?" 

"He's alright, came down with bronchitis though... Oh! Lilly wanted me to ask you if you could make her some more of those peppermint cookies with the bits of peppermint and chocolate chips?" 

"Of course I can! How is she? Doing better in school after I helped her with her math class?" 

"Well, she's definitely more confident... If only you could get her to study more," Edward joked. 

"No can do, sorry sir. What will we be learning about today?" 

"I was thinking maybe just watching a movie and getting everyone to write down notes. There was supposed to be a test, but since there have been quite a few people cheating on the tests, I've decided that this will be the test. Seems foolproof and simple. Especially since Mr. Tomlinson won't be able to copy off of your tests or the people around him without me being able to see that he copied, if he even shows up to class." 

"Very true, thank you for deciding not to do the test today, though. I studied but I don't feel anywhere near ready enough to take this test," Harry thanked the older man. He looked about ready to say something but then more people filed into the room and the conversation ended. 

Almost all the seats were filled and Harry had already moved to near the back of the room. It was easier to see everything. He felt less like people were staring at him when he sat at the back of the room than when he was sitting at the front of the room. Mr. Petersen decided on choosing the movie "Paranormal Activity 3" and decided that to pass the test, they had to write a few sentences that described the movie. It was an easy and simple task, simply because he wanted to get back home to his sick husband. 

Harry hated scary movies. Even if they weren't horrifying movies, they were still scary to Harry. Mr. Petersen didn't know that, which explains why he would show a scary movie and not a happy, pretty, Disney movie. Harry didn't want to walk out of the classroom because he wanted to be there to make sure that Louis understood what the class was doing and he needed this grade. Once things started to pick up in the movie, Harry decided it was his time to go. He felt bad for not staying long enough to tell Louis what was going on in class that day, so he just wrote a note on a Sticky Note and stuck it to Louis' desk on his way out. 

"Louis,
            Today in class, we are watching a movie. All you have to do to pass this class is write a few sentences about the movie. I'll give you a few hints. It's about two girls who are sisters and share a room. Their house is haunted. The youngest girl is the one that can see the demon. The demon's name is Toby. The father sets up cameras all around the house to see if he can catch anything on tape and show it to the wife. I got scared so I couldn't stay until the end. I hope you read this before Mr. Petersen or anyone else.
Love,
Harry"

With that, he quickly left the room, not looking at the screen. He waved goodbye to Mr. Petersen who looked confused as to why his best student was leaving the room. Walking down the hallway with his eyes carefully eyeing the ground, he didn't even notice that he was about to bump into someone until he actually did bump into someone. 

"Well, hello there Harold," Louis said when Harry looked up to apologize. 

"Hello," Harry said in a soft tone, like normal. 

"Why are you not in class right now, lovey?" 

"Why are you not in class?" 

"When am I ever not late for class? You should know me and my schedule by now. I mean, we have been going to school together since we were in, what, 7th grade?" 

"Sixth grade, you just didn't know me then. I know your schedule, I was just avoiding your question." 

"I know... That's literally why I asked."

"Is that the way to talk to your best friend?" Harry faked a frown. 

"No, but that's how most people would talk to their exes," Louis smirked,  "And, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what we are. We are those weirdo exes who become friends, which make it all seem like some weird trick." 

"We are the friends that came from a relationship that ended bitterly. But we are friends, nonetheless. I left you a note on our table so you can read that. I didn't stay for the whole movie."

"Aww... Are we watching a scary movie then?" Louis laughed. 

"No. You and the class are watching a scary movie. I am not watching a scary movie. I am going back to our apartment." 

"You don't want to finish the movie and get the grade then? Not even if I was there to keep away the scary movie demon creatures that you are so convinced are going to jump out of the screen and follow you home?" 

"This has nothing to do with what you just said, but I'll go back. You're completely right, I need to go and finish the movie and get the grade."

"Yeah, sure, whatever you say, Harry. Come on, we can go to class or we can go home. It's your choice, bear," Louis said and brushed his freshly dyed black hair to the side. 

"If we go home, will you cuddle with me and take a nap?" 

"I don't see why I wouldn't if that's what you want to do. Just remember that you have work today from 14:30 to around 20:45 ish. We have enough time to eat a late breakfast, early lunch, cuddle, and watch a movie. Please don't make me sit through Mary Poppins again, though."

"Fine, can we watch Peter Pan then?" Harry asked as he and Louis' hands locked together. 

"We can watch Peter Pan, definitely. But can you make macaroni for our 'brunch?'" 

"Only if you let me make the dinosaur macaroni and put spam in it," Harry tried to get Louis to agree. 

"Harry, when you make the shaped macaroni, you name everything and then break down because you can't eat Bill because his children will have no father and they won't even get to say goodbye. I don't want to have a sad and crying Harry." 

"I promise, please?!" Harry whined. 

"Harry, why do you have to whine when I say no?" 

"Because I want what I want when I want it. I will get what I want when I want it. Unless you want to be kicked out and have no food."

"Harry, without me you wouldn't be able to be spoiled with as much as you are. I doubt your mother would like nappies or dummies on her credit card bull every month. Don't forget that she's the one who is paying that bill." 

"Oh don't be so rude. I'm sure I could find someone who would be willing to pay for those things and live with me," Harry frowned. 

"You're also going to find someone who will get up in the middle of the night because you're screaming and crying for them because you had a nightmare and can't go back to sleep without cuddles and being tucked back in? And someone who will change you? And make you vanilla milk bottles how you like them? And someone who will use dummy thermometers that don't hurt your tongue or make your ear hurt when you're sick?" 

"Yes." Harry said after 2 minutes of dead silence. They both knew it was a lie but Louis dropped it and Harry silently thanked him for that. Louis held his hand tighter when they had to walk across the street and didn't loosen his grip until Harry said that he had to change his outfit for cuddling. He even held at least one of his hands when Harry was making lunch. Neither of them minded one bit. Harry didn't mind because he liked feeling like there was someone there to hold him and keep him safe, warm, and happy. Louis didn't mind because he secretly missed holding Harry's hand. He missed everything that he and Harry used to do. It was a mutual decision to break up, though, and it probably wouldn't be a good decision for them to start dating again... Unless both of them wanted to. Then, they may as well date and fuck and cuddle and eat all day long. 

(1.510 words. This is the new age play story of mine. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter.)