Chapter 18

"Daddy, it's Easter!" Harry crowed as he stood to jump up and down on the bed. 

"That's right, my little love," Louis said as he smiled. "We're going to go hunt for eggs later, but right now we're going to have breakfast and dye our eggs. You have to be a good boy for Daddy to do those things, though. Do you understand me, my baby bunny?" 

Harry nodded and smiled wider, if that was even possible. He jumped up and down, the bed creaking every time he landed on it. Louis grinned but then held out his hand to grab Harry's to get him to settle down. 

"Alright, come on then, baby boy. There's a lot that we have to do today," Louis said with a grin and gently tugged Harry's hand to lead him off of the bed and through their bedroom doorway. 

"Daddy?" Harry asked and Louis hummed in response, "Am I going to have to go to my mommy for the day while you hide eggs?" 

"No little prince, you're going to stay right here with me. When I hide eggs, you're going to sit in our bedroom and be a good boy while I hide eggs around the house. We were originally supposed to go to your mom's house to hide them, but plans and weather changed," Louis said as he placed chocolate chip pancakes in the shape of a bunny in front of Harry. 

"Only two?" Harry whined. 

"Start with two, for now, then we can see about moving you up to another one. You also have eggs and sausage that you can have. Would you like juice, milk, or water?" 

"Strawberry milk?" Harry asked hopefully. 

"You can have strawberry milk, sweet boy," Louis said, kissing Harry's nose before walking into the kitchen to make it. 

"Daddy, can I be excused to go to the potty?" Harry asked, to which Louis nodded and said, "Of course little love, do you need help going to the potty?" Harry just shook his head and left the room to go down the hallway. 

|-/

"Alright Hazzy, you have all the time in the world to find the eggs that are around the house. They can be in closets or bathrooms or rooms or in cupboards, so make sure you check everywhere. There are 50 different eggs. Some have candy and some have toys or treats. Off you go, sweet boy," Louis said and pat Harry's bum twice. He laid down on his side of the bed, his back aching and head hurting. He reached down to grab Harry's favorite stuffy and opened the hidden pouch that Harry usually hid his candy in and put the 50th egg in it. He knew that Harry would never be able to guess where it is, but that's alright. Harry has all day to find the eggs and he knows that they may be hiding in things. That egg is a special one though, and Louis needed to be there when he found it. 

"Oh my, you're already getting close to all of the eggs! Good job my little detective," Louis cheered as he stood at the top of the stairs and looked down at the living room that was dotted with different colored eggs. Harry thanked him and giggled before moving on to the kitchen to look for some more. 

"Baby boy, you forgot some in here," Louis said, but Harry didn't answer, he just kept searching for more eggs. Louis could hear cabinets being slammed shut, drawers being opened and closed, the refrigerator opening and shutting at least four times before Harry moved on to the freezer. 

|-/

"Alright, let's count them and then you can open them," Louis said, though he was almost positive that all 50 were in Harry's possession. 

"1, 2, 3, 4...." Harry and Louis counted together as they pulled the eggs out one by one until they got to 50. "Alright you may open them now, my love," Louis said with a somewhat nervous smile on his face. 

Harry smiled in pure glee, shaking them before opening them up. He squealed at some of the candies, blushed at the sex toys or panties Louis squished in, and grinned at some of the other small toys Louis got. Louis grinned but it fell slightly as Harry picked up the golden egg about halfway into picking out what eggs to open or save for last. 

"Okay, so this egg is special. For more reasons than the fact that it's the golden egg," Louis said. 

Harry just cocked his head to the side and opened the egg, revealing a ring. "Alright then, yeah," Louis cleared his throat and wiped his sweaty palms on his thighs, "Okay, so I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but haven't found a way that wasn't too cliche. Harry, I love you with all of me heart and I'm bad at speaking from my heart or making speeches.. But will you please do me the honor of marrying me?" 

Harry just blinked at Louis for a few seconds, thinking over the question. Harry shook his head, but then nodded, stopping to shake his head again, but then nodded again before he burst into tears. Louis instantly got up from the ground, wrapping his arms around Harry, apologizing profusely and asking what he could do to make it better. 

"Daddy, I don't know," Harry whimpered, "I'm sorry." 

"No, no, baby, no, it's okay. You didn't make Daddy sad, there's no need to be sad," Louis said as he wiped Harry's face clear of the tears. 

"I don't know though," Harry said through sobs. 

"It's okay, bubs, you can have time to think about it. Do you want to just think about it for a while, baby doll?" Louis asked, and Harry nodded. 

|-/

It ended up being almost three weeks before Harry finally said yes, but that he'd like a long engagement. It wasn't that he didn't trust Louis or anything, he just didn't want to get married. He'd never planned on getting married and he wasn't about to start planning on getting married or planning a wedding ceremony. That just wasn't in his plan. 

Louis was fine with him deciding this, though it kind of upset him that Harry didn't want to get married soon. He didn't want to be 50 something and waiting at the end of the aisle for the first time in his life, but whatever. It was then that he decided that he would wait for Harry at the end of whatever aisle Harry chose, even if that meant that he was getting senior discounts, had a broken hip, or even if he was old with gray hair that was mostly gone and extremely thin.