Chapter 12

Macy dragged herself to the door and unlocked it with her key. 

'Parker, I'm home,' Macy called out.

'Mum!'

She heard the shout from upstairs and a smile broke out on her face.

Twain could not help admire her.  He watched as she rushed to the foot of the stairs eagerly waiting for Parker to get to her.  She was a good mother all right.  He smiled, pleased about that fact as he silently also acknowledged she was a sensual lover and she was going to be even more of an excellent partner as his wife. 
Yes.

'I thought you're only coming back tonight,' he came flying down the stairs.  'I cleaned your room and everything is in ___.'

Parker stopped speaking when he saw Twain.

'Why did you have to clean my room?'

'I thought I heard your voice dear,' Claudia came smiling out of the kitchen, an apron around her waist.  'Parker wanted to sleep in your room.   He missed you,' Claudia smiled.

'Oh sweetheart,' Macy rushed to Parker.  She dropped to her knees and held Parker close against her chest.  'I missed you too,' she kissed him on the cheek.

Claudia was staring at Twain.  He had not taken his eyes of Parker from the second Parker came down the stairs.

Hi Twain,' she greeted.

Reluctantly Twain dragged his eyes away from Parker.  'Hello Claudia,' Twain greeted politely and his eyes immediately returned to Parker.

He knows, Claudia perceptively deduced.

'I'll put the kettle on,' Claudia discreetly exited.

Twain stared at Parker, trying to identify any resemblance and found absolutely none.  The kid did not have his eyes, or facial features.... Maybe his sandy hair resembled that of the pre-teen Twain Crawford.  Yet strangely something resonated with Twain that this was his kid.

'Ouch mum!'  Parker yelped.  'I think my hair caught on your watch.'

'Sorry darling,' Macy guiltily patted the spot, where she'd tugged at Parker's hair.

'Everything okay?'  Twain was instantly at Macy's side, his eyes questioning.

Macy glared at him angrily, her hand reached out, placing the hair follicles in Twain's hand.  Twain closed his fist tightly and slipped his hand into his pocket.

'Hi, Dr. Crawford,' Parker greeted, wondering what the boss was doing with his mum.

Twain just stared incredulously, Macy inconspicuously nudged him.

'Hello Parker,' he drew out after Macy's prompting.

Unsuspecting to the under current in the room, Parker turned his attention back to his mother.   'I've done my homework mum.  Do you want to see?'

'Yes,' Macy linked her hands though Parker's and prepared her escape.  She turned around to bid Twain farewell.

'Good bye, Twain.'

His eyes were focused on Parker, the way his little hand was clutching so tightly to his mum's.  Macy's eyes narrowed impatiently as if telling him to get a move on.

Bye,' he nodded, making his exit.

After spending some time with Parker, Macy joined her mother in the kitchen.  Claudia looked up at her daughter, a cautious smile on her face.

'Twain knows, doesn't he?'  She enquired.

Macy nodded.  She slumped into a chair, accepting the tea her mother offered her.