Chapter 25

'I want you and Parker to stay over with me, for the rest of this weekend,' Twain instructed.

After the nerve wrecking bungee jump, Twain had insisted they sit down and enjoy a picnic lunch. There was a quaint café in the park nearby selling meat pies, salads, sandwiches, drinks. Macy needed to sit down, so she'd agreed. She'd opted for a sandwich, Twain and Parker had enjoyed delicious looking meat pies. Twain was lounging on his side, with his legs stretched out. He had positioned Macy so her back was resting against his midriff. She stopped sipping from her fruit juice to look at Twain.

'Saturday is almost already over,' Twain justified, 'so it's just one day left.'

Macy directed her eyes at Parker throwing the pastry remains of his pie to some obese looking pigeons. She smiled as the pigeons pecked at crumbs on his jeans. Parker stood still so as not to frighten them away. Macy turned her face back towards Twain.

'Parker and I don't have clothes to change into,' she excused.

Not that she would not love to spend the night in Twain's arms, but even if she did have overnight luggage, she could not very well sleep with Twain, whilst Parker was with them. It would be uncomfortable. Parker had never seen her with a man.

'You won't be needing any clothes,' Twain teased seductively.

Macy felt the heat burning up over her face. She stared down into her unfinished chicken salad sandwich. She looked up again when Twain's rich laughter rung in the air.

'If you must, you can put the gear into the laundry tonight after you and Parker shower,' Twain grinned.'

'You can come and see us tomorrow,' Macy countered. She was definitely going to regret not spending the night with Twain.

'I want to spend tonight with you,' he murmured huskily, his palm gently smoothed up her spine. 'Besides, I want you to come and see how I've decorated Parker's room.'

"'Parker's room?"' Macy echoed.

'Once we're married, my son has to have his own fancy room, so I've been doing some stuff,' he mumbled dexterously.

That put paid to their future living arrangements. 'Really?' Macy was as pleased as punch. Everyday this man was giving her more and more reason to justify his bullying her into marriage. 'I can't wait to see it,' she reached out, her thumb caressing his cheek.

'Does that mean you'll stay over?' He caught her hand, lifting the inside of her palm to his lips.

'Yes,' she whispered. Her eyes shut for a second. The nerve ends of her fingers tingling from his sensational caress. She wanted to dip her thumb into his mouth, feel his tongue run riot over it. She wanted to kiss him and do things with him, so the ache deep inside her could go away.

'Mum, I'm thirsty again,' Parker, knelt down, next to Macy.

'Have some of my juice,' she offered.

'Thanks,' Parker reached out.

'I'll get you another, come on,' Twain smiled, draping his arm around Parker's shoulder.

Macy inhaled deeply. She lifted her knees up, rested her chin on it. It was sheer bliss what she was feeling right now, and watching Twain walk with his arm around Parker. And Parker smiling at something Twain was saying, gave Macy a goose bump feeling. She guessed Twain was asking Parker if he would like to spend the night at his place. From the eager expression on Parker's face, it seemed Parker was looking forward to it. Sighing contentedly Macy finished her lunch. She called her mum to inform her of their weekend plans, not surprisingly, Claudia was ecstatic that Macy and Parker were warming up to Twain.