Chapter three.

Photo is of Zeke.

Morgan was cuddling on the couch with Iris, reading her favorite book for the third time that night when doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," The babysitter called from the kitchen.

Morgan dropped a kiss on top of her daughters head with a heavy sigh, it was probably Lacy coming to get her for the party.

When Lacy stepped into the room Iris climbed from the couch and rushed towards her.

"Aunt Lacy!"

"Hi munchkin," Lacy said with a smile lifting the girl.

"Are you going to the party too?" Iris asked.

"Yep."

"Did you bring me anything?"

"I don't know," Lacy replied setting the girl down.

Lacy dug in one of her pockets in her leather jacket and then produced a lollipop and handed it to Iris before ruffling her hair. Lacy was a few year younger than Morgan but that hadn't prevented them from becoming close friends.

"Are you ready?" Lacy asked.

"Yeah, I guess. I don't want to be out late, Iris has a bit of a fever."

"Okay, let's go."

"Okay."

Morgan turned to give Iris a hug and kiss her tiny cheeks. She was still warm but not alarmingly so. The babysitter smiled warmly at them.

"If she gets sick...call me?" Morgan asked.

"Of course I will," The babysitter said.

"I love you baby." She said to Iris.

"I love you too mommy, have fun."

She smiled at her daughter before pulling on her own coat and following Lacy out of the apartment. They walked down the stairs together and Morgan was glad to see that Lacy had brought her car, last time she'd brought her bike and Morgan was sure they would both die in a fiery crash. Lacy was a great friend but an insane driver.

"I even brought the car," Lacy said proudly.

"I see, more metal to crush us to death."

"Shut up, my driving isn't that bad."

Lacy's car was a sleep 1967 Camaro, a blue so dark it looked black in certain light and black leather interior and a six speed manual transmission. Lacy was a gear-head.

"The ceremony will be over by the time we get there, regular people aren't allowed anyway."

"You could have gone," Morgan said.

"Nah, I wasn't needed and the party is the best part."

"I don't know why I have to go, I have no interest in club stuff."

"Yeah but you and Iris, you're still family."

Morgan sighed, she wasn't looking for a family when she took that job. She just wanted a good job so she could take care of her baby. Instead she'd been sucked into a life that almost terrified her, it as violent, brutal and most times illegal what went on at Chrome. Wolf and the club did their best not to get her involved in anything club related but she wasn't stupid, she saw the things they did on the news and knew it was them.

Secretly she'd been stowing away money, saving up for a day when she had enough to break free. She would take the money, pack Iris and run as far as she could. She only needed a few more hundred dollars to have enough to make a get away.