Chapter Sixteen.

Picture is of Katie Lowes, my inspiration for Jenny.

As soon as Wolf walked in the door he found Ty, who was sitting at the bar with Becky and Zeke.

"One of you two go relieve Sky, he's been at the hospital since Iris was shot and needs a break."

"I'll go," Ty offered.

"No, I'll go. You stay with Becky." Zeke said.

"I don't need anyone to stay with me!" She cried.

"I don't give a damn who goes, one of you just go. His sister hasn't even seen him since she got here," Wolf said.

"I'll go," Ty slipped off his stool and hurried away.

Wolf walked behind the bar and poured himself a drink, then refilled Zeke and Becky's. She tossed hers back like a pro and Zeke glanced at her shaking his head.

"You don't need to be drinking," Zeke said.

"You don't own me," She shot back.

Before he could reply she slid from her stool and walked towards another group of women. Sky's sister was one of them. Of course Jenny wasn't really Sky's sister, she was his step-sister but they were closer than most blood siblings could ever be.

"I see you two haven't smoothed things over," Wolf commented.

"Damned woman."

"I second that."

"You don't even have a woman in your life," Zeke pointed out.

"No, I have a woman and small child."

"Morgan and Iris?"

"Yeah, she gets under my skin. I don't like it and I can't explain it."

"She's one hell of a woman and that's a great kid." Zeke said.

It occurred then to Wolf that maybe there was more than friendship between Zeke and Morgan and he felt his blood boil. He had told all the men she was off limits, she was to be treated the same as Lacy with respect and like a lady. He also felt a sharp kick of jealousy well up inside him but he pushed it away.

Zeke was his best friend, his brother, his VP, if Zeke was in love with Morgan than Wolf had no right to feel anything. He still couldn't resist asking.

"Is there something going on between you two?"

"Who? Me and Morgan?"

"Yeah, I mean if there is then I'd respect it. I just want to know.

"No, there's nothing between me and Morgan. We're friends, good friends and I love that little girl but I never thought of Morgan as anything but a friend."

Wolf breathed a sigh of relief and felt some of the tension leave it shoulders, it occurred to him then if he wanted to make Morgan a part of his life he needed to do so before someone else did. His men respected him but she was an attractive woman and they were red-blooded men.

"Out of curiosity, I never see you with any women. Not even parties, is there a reason for that?" Wolf asked.

"Call it an uncalled for sense of loyalty." Zeke said.

"To who?"

Zeke poured himself another drink, downed it then pushed away from the bar.

"I'm going to go check the perimeter," He said.