Epilogue

Morgan was asleep, Wolf in bed next to her. One arm draped across her waist protectively, the other under his head. A noise in the room next door woke her up, Iris had begged to stay the night with a little girl a few rooms down and Morgan had relented, glad to see her daughter making a friend.

She sat up and glanced at Wolf, then she realized what the noise was. Someone was in the room next door shoving things into a bag or backpack. She slipped from the bed and pulled on a silk robe, she opened the door to the hall just as the figure moved passed in the dark.

"Lacy," She called out softly.

The figure froze, their black hood up and the backpack over their shoulder. Slowly they turned and pushed back their hood, revealing the platinum blonde hair and teary blue eyes.

"Lacy, what are you doing?" Morgan asked.

"What I have too."

"What's going on?"

"How's Iris?" She asked, changing the subject.

"She's going to be fine, tell me what's going on."

"I can't, it's just for the best if I leave now."

"Lacy, we love you we all just want you back."

"You wouldn't, you wouldn't love me if you knew what I did."

Morgan fell silent and glanced back into the room, making sure Wolf was still asleep and he was.

Lacy gave her a small, sad smile then turned and started back down the hall way.

"Lacy, what about Demon? You can't just walk out of his life."

"He'll understand," Lacy replied, not turning around.

"Lace....."

"Just tell him.....I'm sorry and it's not what he thinks."

"What's not?" Morgan asked, begging for an answer.

"Nothing, I love you Morgan."

"I love you too."

Lacy pulled her hood back up over head head and continued down the hall way, disappearing into the darkness. Morgan couldn't help the sick feeling that she felt, she wished her friend would at least try and explain but she knew Lacy wasn't the kind to see reason.

She waited a few seconds, then turned and walked back into the room. Wolf was still asleep and she slipped off the road, sliding under the covers. His arm went back around her waist pulling her close once more but she knew she'd never get back to sleep now.

She'd lie awake all night and worry about her best friend and what the Animals would do when they found out she'd left for good.

Lacy was digging a deep hole and Morgan knew that she likely wasn't going to make it out, at least not alive.

THEN END.