Chapter Fifteen.

Wolf stepped out of the elevator at the hospital with a shudder, he hated small spaces. Too much like prison, he needed to be free. He'd only ever done a few months in prison but it'd been enough to let him know he never wanted to go back.

He walked briskly down the hall bypassing nurses and doctors. He reached the room Iris was in and saw Sky, leaning against the wall and flirting with a small blonde nurse.

"Hard at work I see?" Wolf asked.

"They're both in there."

Wolf opened the door and stepped inside, closing it carefully behind him. The room was clear full of various items. Balloons, flowers, stuffed animals, cards and toys covered all the walls and any available surface. He knew they were all from the men in the club. The tiny child was almost lost among all the stuffed animals now taking residence in the narrow bed.

Morgan was sitting by the bed in a plastic chair, even from behind her he could tell she was tired. Her hair was in a ponytail and she was slumping forward, her clothes disheveled.

"You wanted to see me?" He asked softly.

"Yes, I did."

"Well, I don't have all day."

She turned in the chair to look at him and he again saw the fatigue. Her skin was paler than usual, dark rings under her bloodshot eyes. He couldn't tell if she'd been crying or hadn't been sleeping, probably both.

"I just wanted to know if you found out....who did this," She admitted.

"Yes. I did."

"I got to thinking about it last night, I couldn't sleep. It just hit me some man out there, someone I don't even know.....tried to kill my little girl for no reason. They had no right, she didn't deserve this. I just wondered who was it?"

"It was the Aces." He said with a sigh.

"I thought they were your friends."

"There are no friends in this business, not really. If it helps at all, I don't think they were aiming for Iris. I think they were trying to hit one of the men, or you. To try and force me into a war I didn't want to be a part of."

"I wish it had been me," She said.

"No....if it had been, this of Iris. What would happen to her if you died?"

"Are you going to get into the war?"

He opened his mouth to speak and she shook her head, standing and moving to a window.

"Don't answer that, it's none of my business."

"I am, but I'm not joining the Aces."

"Because of what happened to Iris?"

"Among other things," He said.

"I hope you kill them all,"She said grimly.

"I will," He promised.

She stifled a yawn and turned back to the window. He took in her appearance, was she always this thin? When had she ate last? When had he ate last? He didn't know but he suspected that neither of them had ate or slept well since before the shooting.

"How long has it been since you've ate?" He asked.

"I don't know, I've lost track of time. I need a shower but I'm so afraid to leave her."

He glanced at the small adjoining bathroom to the private room, that he was paying for.

"Go, take a shower. I'll sit with her," He offered.