Chapter Five.

If you can see the picture, that's my vision for Becky.

"Mama! Mama!"

The screams woke Wolf from a dead sleep on his couch, Morgan. He sat up and still half asleep himself stumbled into his bedroom, stubbing his toe on the door frame on the way in.

"Ow! Shit!"

His yelling woke her and she sat up with a gasp, when she saw him she clutched the blankets close.

"What's going on? Where am I?" She asked.

"You're in my room, you fell asleep on the damned couch." He growled back.

"How long was I asleep?"

"I don't know, three maybe four hours."

She stood from the bed seeming unsteady on her feet, she glanced at her own watch as if she didn't believe him about how long it'd been.

"I'll just finish up quickly," She said.

"Don't bother."

"Sir..."

"Go home."

"I can work, I'm sorry I fell asleep."

"Your kid's sick right? You're obviously catching it. Go. Home."

She stood there staring at him for a minute, he stared back. He crossed his arms over his chest, daring her to argue.

"I can do this job."

"I have no doubt but just a few hours ago you passed out on my couch and recently woke up crying for you mama. I suggest you go home, call your mother and get some rest."

"I can't, she's dead."

She shoved passed him and moved into the living room. He hesitated a minute or two, instantly feeling guilty for what he'd said. When he followed her into the living room, she was cleaning.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

"It's fine."

"What happened to your mother?" He asked.

"Like you give a damn," She snapped back.

"You're right I don't, your here to clean so clean."

His anger carried him into the kitchen where he helped himself to another beer. He could hear her shuffling around in the other room. He didn't know why she had to push his buttons and get on his last never. Why couldn't she just shut her mouth and do as he said? Setting down his beer he went back into the living room.

"Morgan, you're exhausted go home."

"No, I'm a single mother and I need this job."

"I'm not firing you," He said.

"Sure as hell sounds like it."

"I care about the people who work for me, I don't want you here sick."

"Since when do you care about me?" She asked, hands on her hips.

"This is stupid, go home. That's an order."

"Fine, but only because Iris is sick."

He didn't care as long as she left and he didn't have to deal with her anymore. She was pulling on her coat when she turned to him.

"The bar is a wreck," She said.

"It'll still be that way tomorrow and you can clean it."

She headed for the door and he watched her go, when she was out the door he went into his own room and dropped onto his bed. He had only stopped home for a few minutes this morning and was tired. He tossed and turned a few times in the bed before giving up. The sheets, blankets and pillows all smelled like her. He got up and decided to sleep on the couch.

As much as Morgan protested she was glad to be given the day off. Spending the rest of the day cuddled up on the couch with Iris was just what she needed. She had just gotten in her car when she saw Wolfs jacket and helmet on her seat. She debated going back inside and then changed her mind, deciding to give it to him tomorrow.

She unlocked her door and stepped into her apartment. She tossed her things onto the kitchen table and then walked into the living room. Lacy and Iris were sitting on the couch watching one of Iris' favorite movies.

"Haven't you seen that enough?" Morgan asked.

"Shhhh," Iris hissed.

Lacy laughed as she slipped from under the blanket that she and Iris were sharing. Morgan instantly recognized her favorite pair of PJ bottoms.

"Nice pjs," Morgan said.

"I took a shower while Iris had a nap, I stole these from your laundry basket."

"Yeah I washed them for me to wear."

Lacy shrugged but showed no remorse and Morgan shook her head biting back a smile. She loved Lacy, more than just about anyone next to Iris. Lacy was brash and bold but that made her more endearing.

"How was work?" Lacy asked walking into the kitchen, Morgan following her.

"I fell asleep," Morgan said, sinking into a kitchen chair.

"At work? That's not like you."

"Yeah, I was just so tired."

"So, what happened?"

"Wolf came home and found me asleep on his couch, so he tucked me into his bed."

"Alone?" Lacy asked, taking a seat herself.

"Yes alone!"

"Pity," Lacy said.

"Anyway, I woke up having a nightmare....about my mother."

"Another one?" Lacy asked, placing her hand over Morgans.

"Yeah."

"So when I woke up I tried to clean and he told me to come home."

Lacy stood and walked to the counter top and poured herself a cup of coffee. She set one cup in front of Morgan and then took her seat.

"Your mom would be proud of you," Lacy said.

"You never even met my mom."

"No, but I've heard the stories you tell me about her. I also know how good you are with Iris, she's got a great life."

"Thanks Lace."

"Anyway, what's his apartment like?" She prodded.

"A lot like him, dark, sharp, not cold but not exactly welcoming either."

"Damn, I'd love to see it."

"You've never been to his place?" Morgan took a drink.

"He moved like two months ago, I haven't seen the new place yet. I don't make it a habit of going to the guys' places and hanging out."

"Lucky you, I've seen them all and they're disgusting."

"Whose is the worst?" Lacy asked.

"Honestly?"

"Yes."

"Probably yours."

Lacy rolled her eyes and was about to reply when her phone rang. She looked at the caller ID and sighed.

"It's the boss."

She answered her phone and Morgan tried not to eavesdrop as she took her instructions. Lacy whined once it was her day off before agreeing to come in.

"Sorry, I have to go."

"Don't worry about it."

Lacy grabbed her coat and took one more long drink of coffee before rushing out the door. Morgan finished her own cup before going to join Iris in the living room for a much needed mother-daughter day.