Epilogue

Tala was taken to the doctor immediately and he started nourishing her back to health. They hooked her up to machines and bags of liquid. They did tests and even cleaned her.

I couldn’t stop crying. I stood by her for hours watching her as she slept. She was here. My everything was alive.

I’d been with her for almost a whole day when Jason came in. “Colton.” I looked up, I’m sure looking as tired as I felt. I hadn’t really slept in two days. “Your son Micah is wondering where you are. He doesn’t know his mother is back and the pack is wondering what has happened. You need to inform the pack and your son.”

I wiped my eyes and sniffed. “Jason. You and fifteen guards are to watch over her. I want you and three guards in the room.” He nodded.

“Yes Alpha.”

I nodded and walked out. Guards let me out and then covered the door again.

I gathered myself as I drove to my house. Jason told me Micah was there.

Walking in my front door, I could feel the tension in my house. Micah came running his eyes turning happy to see me. He rushed to me and I crouched so he could hug me properly. He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly.

“Daddy! Where have you been? You didn’t come pick me up from Manny’s house. Grandma and grandpa got me.” My head sank into my little man’s shoulder and unable to hold it together I started crying again. I did it. I brought my son’s mother back. I was going to make him happy again. “Daddy! Why are you crying?” he asked.

“Yes son why are you crying?” I looked up to see my parents and Tala’s walking into the lobby.

They looked at me with sad eyes. Tala’s mom looking like she was about to break down. I sniffed and looked my son in the eyes. “Daddy?” he said sadly and not understanding.

I gave him a smile. “Micah. Do you want to see your mommy?”

He just looked at me for a moment. His face blank. And then he burst out in sobs. He nodded his head and cried harder than I’d ever seen him. He clutched at me and wailed into my chest.

“Shhh” I tried soothing him. “I know you’re happy. But mommy wouldn’t want you to cry.”

I looked up and Tala’s mother was crying into her husband. They both looked ecstatic to know their daughter was back.

We loaded up in two cars and started back to the doctor’s office. I told my father about Bree, and how she’d lost it.

“I can’t believe it. Bree was such a nice girl. I can’t believe she’d do such a horrible thing. How did she even find you?” his mother asked.

Her last words triggered something in me. That was a good question. How did Bree find us? Because after the pack gathering we weren’t headed home. We were going to complete opposite way to Tala’s old house.

I had a flashback ~

Tala in the car next to me, smiling after having a fun day with the pack and her family. “Don’t forget babe. We’re going to my old house to pick up some of my old stuff.”

“I know babe” I reassured. ~

We weren’t going the right way. And Bree wasn’t there. So there was no way she could have just somehow overheard me tell the one person I told where they were headed. Bree had help.

Oh no!

I pushed the gas pedal to the ground and my car stared speeding to town. My parents and Micah cried out at they we from 50 mph to 120. “Colton!” my mother yelled. “I know you want to get back to Tala but this is reckless driving” she protested.

“No time mom” I yelled. “Tala’s in danger!”

“What?!” my dad yelled. Micah was almost screaming he was crying so loud. He hated that his son was upset and scared but he had to act fast. “How do you know?”

“I don’t know why I never thought of this until now, but after the pack gathering we weren’t going home. We were going to Tala’s old house. The complete opposite way.”

“What does that mean?” my mom asked.

“It means who ever hit us, whether it was Bree or someone she hired to kidnap Tala had to know where we were going.”

“Meaning” she prompted for more.

“Meaning. I only told one person before we left that we weren’t headed home.”

My mother gasped. “Who’d you tell?”

I clenched my teeth. “Jason. And I put him in charge of watching over Tala while I was gone.”

Micah started screaming. Fat tears rolling down his cheeks.

I hated having him so deep into this, but there was no time. The life of a werewolf is one that is never easy.

We got to the vet hospital. “Watch Micah. Be safe!” I yelled before running out of the car. My heart hadn’t beat this fast since two days ago. Running down the hall I didn’t feel fast enough. I felt to slow.

What if I was already too late? I turned the corner and came to her door. My body went cold as there were no guards around her room. I pushed the door open and the room was splattered with blood. Three bodies were on the floor. I looked up.

Why did everything seem so slow. I swear everything was in slow motion.

The doctor stood by her, and he smiled at me. “It’s okay. She’s fine.” I rushed to her and felt her heart beating.

“What happened?” I snarled.

“Jason went nuts. Tried to kill her, but the guards stopped him. They’re out back ripping at him.”

I ordered some new guards on watch and then went out back. There was a swarm of wolves growling at puling at Jason’s shredded body. He was still alive. Barely. There were two wolves grabbing at the stumps he had left of arms, and they pulled him in opposite directions.

I went to him and looked down at him. Betrayed by my own beta. “Jason” I said in a cold voice. “Just tell me why.”

He looked up at him, pitiful and half way dead. “She just asked for a little information that day. I told her and didn’t think anything of it until after Tala went missing. I went and found her and tried to reason with her. But she convinced me. She said once Tala was gone she’d be with me. But she always wanted you.” He looked at me furious. “She always wanted you.”

“So you thought the best way to hurt me was to kill my mate.”

He nodded. “I’m sorry Colton.”

“It’s a little late Jason.” I turned my back to him. “Kill him.” The wolves swarmed and each bit and tore at a bite of him.

I went back out to the front. Micah, my parents and Tala’s were in my car talking. I knocked on the window. My dad looked at me. “It’s safe to come out now.”

As soon as Micah was released he ran to me and pulled at me. He was anxious to see her. I took his little hand in mine and led him to see his mom for the first time in two years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is the end of the book. I know this is one that everyone wanted me to finish. I apologize it took so long but i'm happy with this ending. Thanks to every one that read it and left your comments. I pushed me to really try and finish, i just couldn't come with a good ending in my opinion. 

I just want to say i was balling my eyes out writing this, imagining Colton crying into Micah. I lost it there. 

But anyways i hope you liked it and now......this is end of Tala and Colton's story. :)