Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The next day Josh saw I was upset and tried to cheer me but I didn’t want his cheer. I wanted my life back the way it was. I wanted to be able to go off to college and do what I wanted. But no. I was mated to the prince of all werewolves and jerks.

At lunch I was sitting with Syd and she was rambling on about some sort of gossip. I couldn’t pay attention. My mind kept drifting back to Colton. I hate his stupid attitude and his stupid smile. I especially hate his stupid silver eyes and how they sparkle when he smiles.

“Hello earth to Tala.” I was shaken out of my thoughts when Syd shook me. “What’s up with you? You’ve been moping all day.”

“It’s nothing” I lied.

“Oh Come one, you can’t expect me to believe that.”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

Syd left me alone after that. School went by and I barely paid any attention. At home I went right to my room and shut myself away.

The next day was the same except even worse. The feeling was getting stronger and it was so annoying. I was driving home when my phone rang. It was from home.

“Hello.”

“Hey Tala.”

“Hey Nate. What do you need?”

“I was wondering if we have any stop moping and go fix it.” That jerk. I hung up and threw my phone down. I didn’t need to fix it. He needed to fix it. Stupid Nate. I wiped the tear from my eye. My chest pounded and I knew what for but we weren’t speaking at the moment. I whimpered and I wanted to collapse.

It hurt so much. Each breath hurt. I want Colton.

No I don’t need him. All he does is hurt me. I don’t want that.

I arrived home and Nate’s friend Jason was walking to our house. “Hey Tala” he said as I got out of my car. He smiled at me. I was very shocked. Jason usually wanted nothing to do with me.

“Hey” I said cautious.

“Do you need any help?”

“No I’m fine.” Jason nodded and went inside. That was odd. I went inside and he was in a chair across from Nate of the couch. I went inside and glared at Nate.

“By the way Nate, that wasn’t funny at all.” I was gonna make him regret it. I went to my room and shut my door. I got my books out and in the middle of an equation there was a knock.

“Tala?” That was Nate’s voice. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you mad.”

I threw a pen at the door and the tip went through the wood. “Okay geeze, I’ll go away.”

The next morning I went downstairs and mom and Nate were talking. They both looked at me. I ignored them both and went to the fridge.

“I noticed, you skipped dinner Tala. You must be hungry” mom said. I was a little hungry.

“I’m fine.” I grabbed a frozen waffle from freezer and put it in the toaster.

“All you’re eating is a toaster waffle?” I nodded.

“I could make you something” Nate offered. I ignored him and gave him the silent treatment. When it was clear I wasn’t answering Nate said “The silent treatment Tala?” My waffle popped up from the toaster. I grabbed it and took a bite. Hot! I chewed it and acted as natural as possible, all though my tongue was burning. I grabbed my keys and walked out of the kitchen.