Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Colton was standing, looking at me with wide eyes. But what really crushed me was the blonde bitch half naked and rubbing her face in his neck.

The beat of my heart hurt and tears stung my eyes. My throat felt like it was closing. Is this what being heartbroken is? Is it seeing your mate cheating on you with some pretty girl that was actually his age? How could I have trusted him? My breathing became ragged and I tried to keep the tears back but I couldn’t. The hurt was too bad. A knife had been plunged in my chest and it had been by Colton himself.

“Tala” he said panicked. My tears fell and I ran away. I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. I could barely see and I felt like my chest was being crushed. I turned the corner and met a wall. I looked up through blurry eyes and I saw Marius. He picked me up.

“What’s wrong princess?” I shook my head.

“Take me home” I demanded in a weak voice.

“Of course.”

“Tala!” I spun around and Colton was running towards me. Why was he chasing me? He obviously didn’t want me. What did he just want to rub it in my face some more.

I hid behind Marius. I was shaking with sobs and my constant tears made it hard to see. My heart hurt and didn’t want to see him. I grabbed Marius’ jacket and hid my face in it.

“Tala wait, let me explain. It isn’t what it looked like.” My legs felt weak and I was about ready to collapse. Marius growled and it was scary.

“Leave her. You have hurt her enough” Marius demanded.

Colton whined. It tore at my heart but I couldn’t bother with that. I was already being torn up by what I had seen. A door burst open, and I could feel Highest Alpha’s power.

“Why is it that I keep coming out to find Tala hidden behind Marius?” He looked at me and I heard him gasp. “Tala what’s wrong?” I made a pained noise and sobbed into Marius’ jacket.

“Tala please listen to me-”

There was a growl and it made every part of me want to shrivel up and hide. “Colton what have you done to her?”

“Nothing. She thinks-”

“Thinks nothing” I yelled from behind Marius. “I saw you. You were with some woman. You cheated you fucking jerk.” I shrieked the last part and I’m pretty sure it could be heard around the mansion. I only swore when I was upset and right then I felt like just dying. It probably would have felt better than getting my heart torn out by my mate that was supposed to protect me. I was stupid for trusting Colton.

There was another terrible growl. “Marius take her home. Colton come with me.” Colton whined and it somehow made my heart hurt even worse. I wept in a new bout of sobs and clutched Marius even harder. Marius picked me up and started the other way.

“Tala” Colton called. I looked away from him and buried my face in Marius’ jacket. My tears soaked my cheeks and his jacket. I don’t think I have ever cried this hard.

Nothing has hurt this much. Nothing.

“Tala” he yelled. There was growl and then I heard running. He was coming after me. “Please Tala. Don’t go.”

“Guards secure him.” There was some fighting and then a loud thud.

“Tala” he yelled. “Please! TALA!” Why did he have to continue to hurt me? Each time he called me the knife sank deeper in my chest. I was almost screaming with sobs. Marius took me to his car and sat me down in the passenger seat. There was a howl and it was begging me to go back. My throat quivered, wanting to howl back but I clenched my teeth not wanting a sound to get free.