Last Kiss

Okay so we are still in week three. But I developed two ideas and I can't decide between the two (and apparently neither can anyone I ask either). So I have decided to post both stories. This would be the second one and it is inspired by Taylor Swift's Last Kiss (granted it went a little haywire from the song but the original idea came from the song). And in my opinion this story is much more tragic than the last. (I hope you all understand the ending in the last story, because it may have been hard to understand) This story lasts a week in book time, just an FYI. Anyways I hope you enjoy.

The noise of the lunch room is making studying extremely difficult. I would go to the library but I don't know if he'll be there or not. When we fight he hangs out in the library. Normally I would be running in there as a crying mess and apologizing. But this time I'm not. What he said hurt. I relive it all day long. I can't help but think that maybe he is right.

My thoughts are interrupted by my phone buzzing in the back pocket of my jeans. I pull it out and glance at the caller ID. It's him, Jackson. I quickly pick up and immediately start babbling into the phone.

"Jackson, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean half those things I said. Half, shoot no not half, all. Gosh dang it, I'm so sorry. I take it all back I swear. Your really an amazing guy and I honestly don't know what I would do without you. Okay so maybe I do, but that's beside the point. It's not anything happy, so ignore it. You know what you are to me, so please don't go. Stay. I'll do anything. But I can't survive you leaving and you know that-" I ramble before I am cut off by a voice. A voice that isn't Jackson's.

"April," they say softly. It sounds as though they are crying. My world freezes. What is going on?

"Um...who is this?" I ask.

"I'm Jackson's sister, Becka," she says.

"Becka...why are you calling me?" I ask slowly.

"I'm so sorry. Jackson was in a car crash. A-and he didn't...he didn't," she stutters.

"He didn't what? Becka what didn't he do?"I ask, my patience wearing thin.

"Make it," she whispers into the phone. Everything comes to a crashing halt. The world stops moving and everyone freezes.

"Haha very funny, put him on the phone now please," I say. My voice doesn't sound like me, it sounds dark.

"April, I-I'm not kidding," she says. The phone slips from my hand and I stumble off of my seat. I look around and my breathing becomes labored. People continue on with their lives as if nothing happened. The freaking world just caved in and they don't care.

I spin in a circle and rake my hands through my hair. I shake my head rapidly back and forth. This can't be happening. I pinch myself hard.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! You idiot wake up!" I scream, not caring who stares. Tears spill over and I stumble forward. I let out a loud ear-piercing scream. One that can be associated with one thing and one thing only, grief.

I take off running. I don't look back and I don't bother to grab my stuff. The pain is crushing me and it's too much the bear. I know I won't come out of this alive.

Tears cascade down my face as I sprint across campus. People call after me but I don't care. I just keep running. If I run long enough maybe I can escape. Escape this horrid nightmare. Escape this cruel world. Escape my pitiful excuse of a life. Escape the voices the haunt me. Just escape everything.

I trip over something and slide across the ground, standing up in a daze I notice my leg is bloody. I look at it silently blinking for a moment before I move on and continue to run. I don't feel the pain as I should. I just feel numb to the outside world, but the raging war inside my head is where I am feeling everything.